1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glare

I also have the Nokya Arctic White H10's installed. The color is very close to the factory HID's but a word of caution, they cause glare to oncoming drivers and in others rear view mirrors. I have been flashed several times with them on by oncoming drivers (never with them off) and once after passing a guy on the interstate he was so irritated he runs up behind me and puts his brights on me. Just thought I would pass that on. Cosmeticly they look much better than the stock yellowish halogens but just like the stock fogs don't help with nighttime visability if you have the HID's.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
FWIW, I have not had any issues with the Nokyas and getting flashed and I leave my fogs on all the time and drive lots of two lane roads frequently on someone's tail and oncoming traffic. pd171, you moght check your bumper, these do not appear to be adjustable but I wonder if your lower bumper is hanging causing your fogs to tilt up.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
I'm not familiar with the name of these bulbs. Maybe because they're not available up here. To me they look like what we refer to as zenon bulbs and the glass is blue just like those. The light produced is very white. IS that what they are? If they are the same, I use them in all my trucks for both headlights and fog lights and they're called Euro Sport. They cost around $40 a pair CDN.

Rambit

·
Registered
118 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
FWIW, I have not had any issues with the Nokyas and getting flashed and I leave my fogs on all the time and drive lots of two lane roads frequently on someone's tail and oncoming traffic. pd171, you moght check your bumper, these do not appear to be adjustable but I wonder if your lower bumper is hanging causing your fogs to tilt up.
It could be I've just run up against some unusually sensative drivers. The bumper looks to be aligned correctly and the lights don't appear to be tilted up to me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
pd171 said:
It could be I've just run up against some unusually sensative drivers. The bumper looks to be aligned correctly and the lights don't appear to be tilted up to me.
The reason for the glare is because of the blue glass on the bulb. Although it looks pretty, it actually robs the light output and also creates a glare. The info below will tell you everything you want to know about the best bulbs to use as well as how those fake blue bulbs are worthless. Trust me, I have tried them all. Just giving you my opinion. The problem for H10 applications will be to find a premium bulb.

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-filament-bulbs.htm

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
The reason for the glare is because of the blue glass on the bulb. Although it looks pretty, it actually robs the light output and also creates a glare. The info below will tell you everything you want to know about the best bulbs to use as well as how those fake blue bulbs are worthless. Trust me, I have tried them all. Just giving you my opinion. The problem for H10 applications will be to find a premium bulb.

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-filament-bulbs.htm
I also find the old stock yellow sealed beam look even more worthless than the fake HID. As many have posted, these bulbs ar for the external appearence, and from that standpoint they are wothe every penny when yu look at the stock dirty yellow bulb. With the Xenons so supurb, from the driver's seat I can't tell if the fogs are even on blue or stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nokay Foglight Bulbs

Has anyone experience multiple star-like cracks in the their fog light lens? Could my Nokay bulbs be responsible or is this a manufacturer deflect? The dealer didn't notice the bulbs were changed, but they say it's from stones/rocks. I know this isn't true because the front of my car is perfect, no scratches or dings from stones or rocks. I was just wondering before I insist on the dealer replacing both lens under warranty as defective. Of course I'm going to swap the stock bulbs back before going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
No cracks. You don't have a lens protector do you? I used these on my Alfa but forum members said not to use them on the fogs cause they will crack.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Be careful when you buy from eBay. I bought a pair... when they arrived, the Nokya box contained the stock Sylvania pullouts.

I've contacted the seller (who had 100% good feedback until now), and if all fails... I paid with a credit card through PayPal, so I think I'm protected against fraud.

Just be careful out there...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I posetd a few months ago about BidPay and no recourse for refunds, Paypal has a good policy but a forum member posted he got burned when Paypal did thier 2 week review, the seller emptied the PP account and there was no money to refund with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts