Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OPINIONS:

WHO WINS THE WHITENESS/CLOSEST TO XENON COMPARISON?

WHO WINS THE BRIGHTEST COMPARISON?

NOKYA vs. HOEN

Leaning towards HOEN because I have not seen any 300c's w/ NOKYA highs/ or lows only fogs

Luke

PICS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!:naughty:

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Comments!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've got Hoen's...
enough said...
I have seen the Noyka's and still would go Hoen...
but the 9005's...
are my next ticket...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will get pics of my Nokya's pretty soon here, I have them in low/hi and fogs... I drive next to BMW's and such and the light on the road appears the same color. From head on they are bright and they have the HID look for sure! I have the series two which are 100w 120w and 55w in the fogs.

·
Registered
554 Posts
wings19 said:
I will get pics of my Nokya's pretty soon here, I have them in low/hi and fogs... I drive next to BMW's and such and the light on the road appears the same color. From head on they are bright and they have the HID look for sure! I have the series two which are 100w 120w and 55w in the fogs.
How can I check out the Nokya's? Is there a website? I dont see them as a vendor on here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, even though the weather is crappy here and the car isn't the cleanest, I will see if I can get some shots of the lights today for you guys only if you promise not to look at the car because its dirty! :)

And 4u2nv... I could never find a website for them but you can get them at various lighting websites, there are 2 different ones also. There is the 80w and 100w and there is the stage 2 which i have and they are 100w and 120w hi and low respectively and I got the arctic white

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Best fog lamps available

The best fog lamps available, for the price certainly, were originally not intended as fog lamps at all, but rather as high beam headlamps (Non-HID) for the LX bodies. The 100 Watt Xenon SuperWhite (bluish tint) 9005 non-HID headlamp bulb, priced at only $5 ea., from http://autolumination.com is the perfect low-cost upgrade to dress up your ride and brighten the road immediately ahead.

Totally displeased with both the look and the effectiveness of the weak pale yellow stock 42w bulbs, I, some months ago purchased these brilliant white, with a touch of blue, 100 watt flame throwers and installed them in lieu of the sickly stockers. These bulbs are the perfect match for bluish-tinted HID low beam. The HID high beam still has a bit of a yellowish cast.

I've now been using these for over 9,000 miles and many months. 2 1/2 times brighter than the wimpy stockers, they draw frequent comments, all positive.

No heat problems. Period. End of discussion. :wink:
No flashing from oncoming drivers (the fogs are aimed, at the factory, quite low. One must perch the front wheels on a tall speed bump to move the aim point sufficiently high to be objectionable to oncoming traffic.)
Perfect color match for HID head lamps.
Draw a crowd at a M&G.
At $10 a pair, priceless.

There are now probably several dozen forum members who have followed suit. All report, in glowing terms (no pun intended), how pleased they are with them. No heat problems, no failures, no driver flashes noted.

You can see them in multiple locations here: http://photobucket.com/albums/a243/computermeister/

For convenience, here is a list of alternate bulbs, most of them LEDs, which can also greatly enhance the appearance of your ride:

2005 CHRYSLER 300 (directly applicable to Magnum & Charger where ever locations are common):

Low beam headlamp 9006 (Non-HID only)
High beam headlamp 9005 (Non-HID only)
Parking light 3757ALL = 3157
Front turn signal 3757ALL = 3157
Rear turn signal 3057 = 3157
Tail light 3057 = 3157
Stop light 3057 = 3157
Fog/Driving light 9145 (I *strongly* suggest using the 100 Watt Xenon SuperWhite (bluish tint) 9005 non-HID headlamp bulb here. Superb!! And only $5 ea. Be sure to specify the 100w bulb.
Map light: from http://autolumination.com/festoon.htm, the 9 LED Festoon Bulb, Color: SuperWhite, Size: 39mm, $6.99 ea.
Front under-door courtesy lights are # 562, 44mm rigid loop festoon.
Rear over-door, near the grab handles: # 194 bulb. located here: http://autolumination.com/194.htm
There are many choices for the 194 bulb. I use the multi-led one that has lights going in many directions.

Notes:

1. There are higher powered variations within given bulb numbers, the 3157 turn signal bulbs being one good example. And the new Switchback bulb (currently out of stock) will show white as a park lamp (for a beautiful, monochromatic, look) but amber as turn signal (to be legal, apparently). Even the 9005 headlight bulb comes in wattages less than 100w, so be sure to go with highest wattage/# of LEDs/power in each category for max. visibility/safety.

2. LED Load Equalizers are required in LX bodies when replacing stock turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs. When replacing all four turn signal lamps with LED lamps you need 2 3-ohm equalizers, one on each side, mounted either front or rear. Front seems preferred due to mounting location options. For more info see http://superlumination.com/equalizers.htm

3. Suggest you do not use the stock heat shield/reflector in the map light well when going to the 9-LED Festoon bulb. Heat is a non-issue, and illumination of perfect without them.
*See my install pics here: http://photobucket.com/albums/a243/computermeister/

Not tried by me, but listed as correct by Chris Bacon (Note: His numbers for map light and others were not in agreement with what I have found to be perfect, so verification with other users is suggested):
License plate 168 = 194
Back up light 3057 = 3157
Front sidemarker 2825 = 194
Glove box: 194
Trunk/Cargo area 579 = 921 = 906

New Add: HIR replacements for non-HID headlamps (with thanks to Rockadile):

Another bulb to consider for the headlamp high and low beams are the HIR bulbs that many here are running. The require very minor modification but are supposed to be the best non-HID bulbs available. If interested search the forums for HIR.

Vendors website: http://hirheadlights.com/

Instructions for trimming the bulbs: http://foohbar.com/light_bulb_saga.cfm

Email for questions: [email protected]

Low Beam (9006): HIR 9012
High Beam (9005): HIR 9011

More info about the bulbs from the vendor:
These Toshiba bulbs are a unique product, the only bulbs available known to use the research technology that General Electric patented in 2000 (patent number 6,087,775). It was GE's goal to create a bulb that produced 75% of the light output of HID headlights at 25% of the cost. GE sells HIR bulbs for commercial lighting and specialized applications, but decided to stay out of the automotive market and licensed this technology to a division of Toshiba. These are Toshiba bulbs, brand new, never used, factory direct. In fact, Toshiba and GE are among the few companies in the world with the expertise to engineer and build this product. These bulbs attain light levels 75% to 110% brighter than stock as a result of an engineering process that deposits multiple, yet almost invisible, layers of semi-reflective coating on the surface of a specially shaped and focused quartz bulb. This coating (a titania/silica, zinc oxide/silica, zirconia/silica, silicon nitride/silica, and titania/magnesium fluoride tantalam/silica multi-layer dielectric, according to the patent) reflects a portion of the infrared energy emitted by the filament back onto the filament, causing it to glow brighter and emit more light from the uncoated forward portion of the bulb. Although the filament gets hotter, the glass does not. IT GENERATES NO MORE HEAT THAN A REGULAR HALOGEN BULB, AND IT DRAWS THE SAME WATTAGE AND AMPERAGE AS THE STOCK 9005 or 9006 BULB IT CAN REPLACE.

My own informal testing showed the GE figures to be conservative. I hooked up a 9006 bulb to a fully charged battery on my bench. On my ancient light meter (a GE model from the 1950s, it's marked in foot-candles, but useful for showing relative light levels), I registered a light level of 20 at a distance of 18" from the bulb. The HIR 9012 bulb recorded a light intensity of 35! That's 75% brighter than stock at the same power draw of 55 watts. The comparison between a 9005 high beam and an HIR 9011 high beam was even more impressive, 30 versus 65 on the meter, for a 116% improvement over stock, and again with the same wattage as stock, 65. Recent tests with several aftermarket bulbs had similar results. Two 9005 blue bulbs, one from a major manufacturer and one a no-name 100 watt unit, both registered 32 on the light meter, less than half the light of the 9011. In fact, the HIR 9012 low beam bulbs were brighter than the aftermarket 9005 high beams!

These bulbs produce white light, rated at 3600 Kelvin color temperature, slightly whiter than the 3250K stock halogen bulbs. They do not attempt to imitate the bluish appearance of HID (High Intensity Discharge, or Xenon) bulbs. The blue halo of original-equipment HIDs comes from the high voltage arc of energy between electrodes, which emits a minor amount of long-wave UV light. Putting a blue coating on a regular bulb actually reduces light output.

They're completely DOT and EC-13 compliant and marked as such, cast into the base along with the wattage, 55W or 65W. Since they match OEM stock wattage, there is never a problem in cars that have computer monitors for the lighting circuits. You won't get false "headlight failure" messages, which can happen with other over-wattage bulbs or with HIDs.

If your headlights are maintained and aligned properly, there should be no glare issues with these lights. You get a lot more light, but it's still aimed where it should be. The position of the filament in the housing is identical to stock, so the reflectors or projectors work exactly as they were designed- JUST MUCH BETTER AND BRIGHTER.

He only sells the two bulbs (9011 & 9012), so I believe you can just specify High or low beams when ordering. He sells through ebay so do a search for HIR 9011 or HIR 9012.

Reactions: skoggies60

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would like to see those hyper yellows, I was thinking about going hyber yellow in the fogs actually. I've seen a Lexus with that and its sharp, but I think I will leave it how it is now...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I did the whole Xenon superwhite lo beam and fog light install and wasn't to thrilled. The color was just okay (the fog light was a nice touch though). I noticed that one of my head lights burnt out about a month later. I was about to purchase another set (or go with the HID's) when I noticed that it started to work again. Then the opposite head light went out. So I messed with the light and it came on. I ended up just purchasing the factorone HID's and when installing, noticed that the superwhite's were burning the clip to the bulb, which is why they kept going out. Not sure why I'm the only one with this problem since I hear many people have done the exact same mod. However, I am very happy I went with the HID's. They are no contest better then anything. Quite costly for just head lights, but for me, well worth it. They do buzz more then I expected, but I never really hear it. Now for them Halo's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i have nokya and i like them

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
I'm using the Xenon ones for my head lights and I also had them in my fog's. There GGRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I can't wait for my HID'S, still!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts