Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Maybe it's the cannabis doing it's thing, or I'm just plain missing it, but can someone please tell me about my fogs? I'd like the color to match the whiteness of my headlights on my 06 CSRT8.
Is it a simple bulb replacement? (i.e pull one out, put one in)
Or do I need a long and involved process involving ballasts etc?
I've read tons in the forums about the 8000K's and think they look great, but I'm at a loss for what I even need. A brand and part # would be great too.

Sorry for the dumb question, but thx for the replies.

·
Registered
158 Posts
stock HID bulbs are 4300k

you will need new bulbs and ballasts for the fogs to match

the forums have vendors

i have xenondepots

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My stock fog lights are not HID. They're yellow halogens. My main lights are HID, and I'm just trying to color match them.
So do I need to go the HID kit route with my fogs, or can I just get a 'xenon' bulb replacement and be done with it? Rolling with all 4 lights looking the same is my only goal.
Either way... name of the brand and exact part # for each would be appreciated. I'm motor savvy, but when it comes to electronic mods, I'm lost.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
stock HID bulbs are 4300k

you will need new bulbs and ballasts for the fogs to match

the forums have vendors

i have xenondepots
i believe they are 4300k on some cars (isnt 4300k halogen because 3000 something k is the yellow used for real fogs). mine are stock and look like a light blue when you look at them on which i believe is the characteristic of 6000k bulbs or i could be wrong

·
Registered
158 Posts
the "blue" look from a distance i think comes from the cutoff line

this is what makes that blue flicker look

im pretty sure stock is 4300

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
To be honest i have no idea what they are. When I was getting my halos I called chrysler they had no idea :pat: and I even checked all over the net and saw different answers every where. Although Ive never seen that dark blue cutoff line coming from my hid's that you can see in yours :S

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Hi all.

Maybe it's the cannabis doing it's thing, or I'm just plain missing it, but can someone please tell me about my fogs? I'd like the color to match the whiteness of my headlights on my 06 CSRT8.
Is it a simple bulb replacement? (i.e pull one out, put one in)
Or do I need a long and involved process involving ballasts etc?
I've read tons in the forums about the 8000K's and think they look great, but I'm at a loss for what I even need. A brand and part # would be great too.

Sorry for the dumb question, but thx for the replies.
Here's an excellent thread that should help you - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ex...most-light-bulb-comparison-thread-w-pics.html.

Bernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts