Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..

Looks like a wicked site with a wealth of information. Glad to be a part of it.

I have looked around and searched and have a bit of an idea, but not sure exactly where to start.

This is my first time on a forum so please go easy on me.

I have an 05 300c

I already feel the modding bug... so my question is... if you guys had $1500.00 bucks to throw in for performance mods, what would you do first?

Who is the popular site sponsor here where you guys (and gals??) get your parts? Who do you recommend?

I appreciate all of your replies and look forward to being a contributor here!

:fing02:

Many Thanks!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Welcome sparta!!!

I think most here will tell you to start with a CAI and definately a Diablo Predator tuner for the best bang for the buck as a starting point.

We have a lot of great vendors here for pretty much everything you can think of. Here's the Vendors Sub-forum - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/supporting-vendors/. have a look though each vendor's forum you're interested in. Most have specials for forum members.

Bernie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Bernie.

Greatly appreciated!!

So what's the most popular intake you guys use?

I saw the site sponsor list before, Thanks, but is there a particular sponsor most here order from because of great customer service and competative pricing?

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Probably the two most popular CAI's are AFE II and the Airhammer. The Airhammer is not available through this site however and supply seems to be a major ongoing problem that continues to plague them.

Tbyrne was probabaly one of the most popular vendors here for prices and satisfaction, but for personal reasons he's closed his doors. Whether this is permanent or temporary remains to be seen. As far as I'm concerned the rest are very good as well. I have to admit I've never used any of their services though.

Bernie

·
Registered
465 Posts
if you get a CAI kit, get the predator to tune the car to the intake. another good option is get a corsa exhaust kit. those are very mean and awesome sounding

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
if you get a CAI kit, get the predator to tune the car to the intake. another good option is get a corsa exhaust kit. those are very mean and awesome sounding

I agree. Cold air intake + Predator for performance you can feel, and add the exhaust for that performance sound. Your car would sound awesome with the Corsa.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
START with a 180 F (or 170 F) Tstat (cheapest mod available for 10 HP), and follow that (or those above) with the intake manifold spacer from BT (are they ready yet?) or the phenolic ones from GSM (supporting vendor).

Oh... and a fan mod to go along with the lower Tstat (although I "think" the predator can change fan settings (?). Keeps the engine colder and more powerful...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woohoo!!

Man you guys are helpful!!

:arms:

Thanks very much for all the replies!!

Way to make a noob feel welcomed!

Good job!

:biggrin:

·