Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a new Porch built last year and had a brick curb put in so that 'her indoors' had somewhere to stand some plant pots, BAD mistake.

Moving the car from behind the side gates into the front drive and manovering to miss the car inconsiderately parked on the drive in front of my Garage (ok... I parked my Toyota there:pat: ) I caught the Drivers Side lower bumper quarter on the curb:scared:

I managed to polish it out and son says he cannot see it, BUT... I know it is there!!

Curb is now RIP ...major surgery with stone cutter:biggrin:

·
Registered
347 Posts
as mr watson said to me, my heart bleeds for you !

the feeling you get is very similar to "in space no one can hear you scream!!"

exactly the sort of thing that girls/women dont understand and they would think is "stupid" :(

elpirata

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I understand where you two are coming from. It's never good when you get a mark on your pride and joy. Even if it does polish out, you will always know its there.

Two weeks after buying my 5 series I parked up at home and got a txt message. I picked up my mobile while I was still sitting in the car and replied a couple of times. Not thinking anything else I jumped out the car and went to bed. About an hour later I heard a loud bang from out the back...

I had left the handbrake off and the 5er rolled down the hill and smashed into my brother mini. I was gutted!! Only had it two weeks and it had to go into the shop for new lights, bonnet and respray!!! My brothers mini was already written off so it didn't matter that the 5er was sitting on top of it! haha.

I know how it feels, you kinda get that sick feeling. It just a car, but its your car and your pride n joy. Women folks just don't get it. My partner put a huge scratch/dent in her Ka coming out of our gates and all she worried about was if it had to be repaired how much would it cost! We didn't repair it, just left it looking a mess for a year before trading it in. Why? Cos she didn't care about it, it was just a car!

·
Registered
134 Posts
to add to this.........

I was reversing, looking in the left wing mirror to judge the distance from a wall and got beep, crash.

Why, oh why, does the reverse sensor only pick up the last few inches audibly!!! If it started beeping as soon as it detected something a meter away I would have noticed the pole on the drivers side early enough to not hit it.

Ah well, another visit to the dealer!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
to add to this.........

I was reversing, looking in the left wing mirror to judge the distance from a wall and got beep, crash.

Why, oh why, does the reverse sensor only pick up the last few inches audibly!!! If it started beeping as soon as it detected something a meter away I would have noticed the pole on the drivers side early enough to not hit it.

Ah well, another visit to the dealer!!
I must admit I never heard any beeps at all when I had the demo for 24hours and I did plenty driving and reverse parking. I just forgot it had sensors!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bloody kerbs

I'm 2 months in with the 300 and have 2 similar "screams"

Pulled up to the 24 hour co-op, whch is straight off the street and I swear their bay is only 3.5 m long, and very carefully pulled as far forward as I could to get the bum out of the live lane. That's when I heard an awful graauuunch and discovered that the kerb had a six inch upstand and the front dam was grounded. Now I have an injured car and have a choice of doing a Rambo and lifting the front off the kerb and pushing the car back or engaging reverse and driving the stranded spoiler off the kerb and doubling the damage. Shoot me now it's like Sophie's Choice, a friggin' nightmare.

Second note note is: Avoid the spare space outside Oldham tram station...it's there for a reason. You see a long space and know that the 300 will fit in, even if it takes some " a woman" / "lesser man" could n't get this in there, macho, thinking and make your move. You see the big kerb and think those big 18s will handle the climb. You go for it and all is well until the wheel drops back off the kerb. Thats when you find the pot hole hiding behind the kerb and the body grounds out with a sickening noise. I jumped out and swore until the air was blue. the only noise I heard back was the echo from the yawning cavern I had just driven into.

Obviously these incidents have played heavily on my mind and I have tried to discuss therapy, PTSD treatment etc with the family and got the cold shoulder. Does anybody listen?................................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts