Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....as some of you may know, the Pope has just left Britain, & therefore missed seeing NR who is over here for a few days (lording it over we poor peasants), before lounging another week away crossing the pond on the world's best ocean liner.

As he had booked himself a thrill ride at Silverstone, I decided to go too (mainly to make sure he gave them their car back!)

He's going again Sunday to break their Formula 3 cars......he must have money to burn! Apparently it all comes from owning something called 'Ontario'

Seriously, I had a great day meeting Pat & Sally, & nearly upped my arrest rate when the waiter at our lunch tried to rip off my change! LOL

Pardon the pic quality...its an old iphone

1. ...the man himself 2 minutes before starting. The hemet was provided by his car hire company, & has nothing to do with the racing!

2. ..... I paid! I will not drive a dirty car!

3. ......Britons dont get the same customer care!

4. .......Wheeeee!!!!!

5. ......Mrs. Northern Rider holds a .357 on our hero in a failed attempt to prise the car keys out of his fist

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
OMG - Miles!

I almost choked on my bangers and mash when I read your post!!!

My condolences to the Pope, alas. It was so good of you to stand in for His Holiness.

Your roads are rather horrible and muddy on this rain sodden isle - however I did my best to trash that little Fiesta into submission . . .

For a moment there whilst departing the pub, we were expecting a quick take down and cuffing of that rather cheeky waiter . . .

A few more pics for the record:

http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4914&ppuser=538

Mushy Peas to you, Miles!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Great photos and post, KB! Can't believe people race on roads in those conditions, though. Patrick....hope you had a great time zipping around the course and that Sally enjoyed it all as well.

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no.....I mean those photos....thats the actual Formula 1 track.....twice round the tree

......of course they use all sorts of electronic trickery to make it look like this when it gets broadcast on TV - the wonder of computers! Note that I include a pic of Bernie at Silverstone, in the last car he took out of his garage

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Okay, I got it! NR can handle anything. Hope he gets to race with MattRobertson one of these days in Cali.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Another International M&G. Way to go guys!
Pat are you enjoy that 1/2 baked tomato at every meal :)

And no I don't mean Miles-even though he's half baked hisself

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Sounds like you're having a good time. I so glad I'm not there. I much rather be here working my fingers to the bone.

Pick on you Miles? I thought that was what Will was for (Do I need to add a "u" to anything"

·
Administrator
23,435 Posts
Looks like our boy's having fun!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont't know if you guys have heard of it, but there is a guy here in the states by the name of Ken Block...somewhat of a celebrity in the drifting world. He has a new Fiesta with 650HP. Check him out on youtube. Search for "Ken Block fiesta Gymkhana 3" and watch the video. You will be impressed and bedazzled, I guarantee!!!

·
Administrator
23,435 Posts
I dont't know if you guys have heard of it, but there is a guy here in the states by the name of Ken Block...somewhat of a celebrity in the drifting world. He has a new Fiesta with 650HP. Check him out on youtube. Search for "Ken Block fiesta Gymkhana 3" and watch the video. You will be impressed and bedazzled, I guarantee!!!
Yep, I watched that a week or so ago. That guy can drive!!!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Hahahaha, oh, Miles would be hosing down the car on a muddy track. Can't let any dirt get under those fingernails!

Looks like you guys had a great time though! Too bad I missed it.... if I nab the Concorde out of the Aviation Museum and fly to England due west over Asia, will I be able to make it there in time for everything to begin? That's the method that doesn't require a flux capacitour, right?

Speaking of Ken Block, of the three Gymkhana videos I've seen, I thought that was his sloppiest. Still very impressive, but sloppier than the others.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
He did indeed miss some of the turns here. He hits the garbage can, grazes the pylon, and slams the wall pretty hard.

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he has always beeen good - I could see that right from the very first lesson he took with me

Hahahaha, oh, Miles would be hosing down the car on a muddy track. Can't let any dirt get under those fingernails!

I get my hands on you, you'll learn what rubber hoses are really for!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts