Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new 300C 2008 and cant connect my mobile Samsung Omnia II I8000. When press u.connect button on 300C received message NOT EQUIPPED WITH U-CONNECT. Is it possible that my 300C do not suport phone connection ?

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
I see from your profile you have a 2008. Can you confirm you have the RER MyGig radio? If you do, the hands free module is contained inside the radio. If it is a MyGig, try going into the engineering pages by pressing the Menu, Seek Up and Seek Down buttons at the same time. This takes you into a 5 page Techinical screen. Page 5 has a soft key option to "Enable HFM".

If the above is the case then you'll need a mic kit. Here's a thread for you to read, but again this is if you have the MyGig radio - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...n/65037-rer-mygig-mopar-uconnect-mic-kit.html.

Bernie

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Did you try enabling the UConnect from the engineering pages yet?

Bernie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SORRY, I am not try to use your instructions yet, because I am at the SPA holiday now. MY RADIO: SALES CODE RES — AM/FM STEREO RADIO
WITH CD PLAYER (MP3 AUX JACK) - page 256 UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL of manual: 2008-300C-1st.pdf

I will use engineering pages tomorrow and report you.

THANKS, [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I found that I have an REL Radio (single disc MP3 WMA with a anti theft). Is there any way to enter in engineering pages - I have no Menu button to press combination Menu + Seek Up + Seek Down and access "Enable HFM".

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Sorry, I'm not familar with that radio or if the HFM is part of it, but the fact you seem to have a UConnect button indicates you may still be able to have it activated. I suggest you go to a dealer and ask them what options your car came with and what it would take to enable UConnect.

Bernie

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi. Do a Google search for Chrysler REL radio and UConnect. There are a lot of hits that refer to it. There is a TSB for some cars to activate UConnect but you need to have a sales code RSR installed on your car. Get a printout from a Dodge/Jeep or Chrysler dealer for your VIN and it should tell you what you have installed. You might send your VIN to ResumeSpeed by PM and he might be able to get you a printout of your VIN code options. Regards, Bob.

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Another good member to send a PM to is sox. He's up on all this stuff and from Europe himself.

Bernie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BOB: Thank you for kind answer. I'am new here. Ca you explain me what is TSB and how to get a printout from a Dodge/Jeep or Chrysler dealer for my VIN.

Thanks, Mare

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
I'll answer for Bob. If you go to a Chrysler dealer they can tell you what options you have by entering your VIN in the system. The sales code for your radio will be part of the printout. Send me a PM with the last 8 digits of your VIN and the miles or km's you have on your car. BTW, are you still under warranty?

Here's a TSB that MAY apply to you, but we don't know yet - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB_300C_Forums/TSB_0802708.pdf. It involves reflashing your car if you have a Sales Codes RSP or RSQ system.

To answer your question on what TSB's are, it means "Technical Service Bulleten". When a common problem is identified a TSB will be issued to aid technicians to identify and fix the problem. If you are still under warranty there is no charge for this. If you are out of warranty you will have to pay the standard shop rates.

Bernie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your support.
My Chrysler is type LX, variant: AB3R, version:4 CN: 300C, category: M1, dated: 02. June 2008, bought in July 2010. Last 8 digits of VIN: 8Y132679 and now we have 3500 Km's. Local service information: the car warranty starts 02.01.2010 and I hope we are still under warranty. Please, help me with your information.
Mare

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Thanks for your support.
My Chrysler is type LX, variant: AB3R, version:4 CN: 300C, category: M1, dated: 02. June 2008, bought in July 2010. Last 8 digits of VIN: 8Y132679 and now we have 3500 Km's. Local service information: the car warranty starts 02.01.2010 and I hope we are still under warranty. Please, help me with your information.
Mare
I'll e-mail you the details on your car shortly. After looking at it I really don't think you have UConnect capability as it's not listed in either the standard or optional equipment.

Here's some preliminary stuff on your car, but I'll send the Adobe pdf document that has all the equipment and sales codes:

Year/Model: 2008 CHRYSLER 300C FOUR DOOR SEDAN
Body Style: LECS48
Engine: EER-2.7L V6 DOHC 24 Valve MPI Engine
Transmission: DGV-4-Spd. Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans
Colour 1: PXR-Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Colour 2: QXR-Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
In Service Date: February 1, 2010
In Service Odometer: 10 Kilometres
Build Date: July 8, 2008 – 8AM

Interesting that it's programed in the Russian language and that it wasn't registered for 1 1/2 years from the build date. It's a very low mileage 2008 for sure!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
What is programed in the Russian language ?
Thanks for now, ... waiting for PDF file.

Mare
Your information screen display is programed in Russian.

Bernie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could not Find Enable HFM

Hi i did exactly what you said but mine had no 5 pages and no Enable HFM feature Perhaps my version is out of date???

MyGig Version 9.110

Mygig Is an REN in a 2008 jeep Commander

which version is yours???

Best Regards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts