Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i'm just asking before I jump to other actions. Scenario, bought part from member thru paypal. Payment made almost 4 weeks ago. Part not sent. Sent pm asking and was given an answer. Told part would be shipped out last Tues. Still no item. What recourse do I have. Member seems to be a good guy(well maybe not). Hope this is not wrong way to go about this. If it is I apologize in advance. I myself would never let it get to this point

·
Registered
774 Posts
Maybe ask for tracking # of the item shipped? It would make you feel better knowing that he's on the up and up. I'm not saying he's not, but as the adage goes "Good business makes good friends....never the other way around". I think that would be a reasonable request.
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've been ripped too many times to mess around anymore. 4 weeks is WAY too long. File a dispute with Paypal and escalate it to a claim IMMEDIATELY. If he ships it or at least provides a valid tracking number, no harm done. If he doesn't ship anything or provide a tracking number, Paypal will try to get your money back.

My advise, FILE ASAP.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Jeez, this seems to be happening more often these days. If you don't get a resolve pretty soon, definately consider giving this member a negative iTrader rating so possibly this won't happen to someone else. That's what it's there for. You'll have to be the judge when you think there's no other recourse though, but 4 weeks seems way too long to me.

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice. I just received an -email from him . He seems suprised I don;t have it yet himself. He'll check into it and give me a tracking number (which should have been given at time of shipping. Tues is my cut-off date before I file a claim. Again he seems like a good guy and hate to think it's more than just a bad mix-up. I too have been burnt in the past.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks for all the advice. I just received an -email from him . He seems suprised I don;t have it yet himself. He'll check into it and give me a tracking number (which should have been given at time of shipping. Tues is my cut-off date before I file a claim. Again he seems like a good guy and hate to think it's more than just a bad mix-up. I too have been burnt in the past.
Well, that's some good news he got back to you. Hopefully you'll be getting your part soon.

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there hasn't been a lack of response on his part in the least.just lack of package. That's why I'm giving that lee way. but my patience does have it's limits.And to think it's the little things that can set me off

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to be the nice guy and give the benefit of doubt.However after Smitty33 responded and said he would provide a tracking number-Nada. I disputed PayPal and then filed claim. After the alloted period he did not respond. So now I have no Halo's or the money I paid him.Caveat Emptor. Smitty33 is a crook!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I tried to be the nice guy and give the benefit of doubt.However after Smitty33 responded and said he would provide a tracking number-Nada. I disputed PayPal and then filed claim. After the alloted period he did not respond. So now I have no Halo's or the money I paid him.Caveat Emptor. Smitty33 is a crook!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's disheartening to hear when a member has financially ripped off another member. I'm sorry to hear that you were a victim of Smitty33's thievery. You gave him every appropriate opportunity and more than enough time to make it right but he chose to be a conniving thief.

I hope Paypal makes it right for you according to their policies.

As for Smitty33, this forum should ban him forever with his IP address being monitored closely so that he can't come back as another new member, waiting to make someone else his victim.

Thanks for following appropriate protocol in warning us about this slimeball.

Good luck on the final results.
bruno

·
Registered
774 Posts
Can you file a police report, all nice and formal?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Sounds like a lynch mob. I'll bring the rope...haha. Seriously though, I don't think this site has cause to ban someone over a private sale as the rules clearly state "Members do business at your own risk... Buyer Beware". These are private matters between two parties.

The best we can hope for is that all members are honest. Obvioulsy, just as in real life, that's not always the case. If this guy is as dishonest as it appears it's unlikely he'll show his face around here again. Jeez, he hasn't been on since - 08-02-2008 10:53 AM.

EDIt: One thing that MUST be done in order to protect others is to give him a negative iTrader rating. THAT's what it's there for!

Bernie

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sounds like a lynch mob.
Dokken was better. More catchy tunes.......:biggrin:

Seriously though, Bernie is right. The trader rating is there for a reason. It just burns that dishonest people (to be polite) can dissapear in the anonymity of the internet.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Bruno-Rambit-MoparCanuck. You guys espcially always seem to contribute in a positive way.
If the seller won't respond to me thru PayPal,hesurely won't here. At least the others I dealt with on here(ReppinTheSouth,Navadan) have been great.To the Trader ratings it is!

·
Registered
666 Posts
i bought my superchip off a memeber it went fine but i was pretty nervous about it. contacted him first to get a feel not that it would have helped but he was a good member of the fourm with multiple posts, i felt ok and went for it.

I would suggest buying from active members only
no newbies

its a really shame,

·
Registered
317 Posts
it really sucks when someone is as irresponsible as in this situation. i have manned this site for some time and have nothing but good things to say about yamabob. He man you did the right thing by reporting it. however i think you took to long to report it. you work hard for your money no matter how much it is and for someone to do this is totally inexcusible. i do hope it goes well for you and you get your money back.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the horse mouth
After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Sounds to me as if that ( even though only $ 110 ) is now gone. It would of at least got me a chain for one of the bikes. Seems as if time was not the issue. It would seem I gave him every chance to make good. Now Rambit-Bruno,where do I affect his trader rating-not that he'll care or probably come back here.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
From the horse mouth
After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Sounds to me as if that ( even though only $ 110 ) is now gone. It would of at least got me a chain for one of the bikes. Seems as if time was not the issue. It would seem I gave him every chance to make good. Now Rambit-Bruno,where do I affect his trader rating-not that he'll care or probably come back here.
If you go to his profile - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/members/smitty33.html, you'll see his iTrader rating below his name. He has (0). Just click on that and the rest is self explanatory. The result should be (-1) after you're done.

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rambit (Bernie ) Thank you for your assistance

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Rambit (Bernie ) Thank you for your assistance
No problem and I see you did it. He now has a -1 rating and others will see that and your comments should he attempt to make another sale.

Bernie

·
Registered
774 Posts
No problem and I see you did it. He now has a -1 rating and others will see that and your comments should he attempt to make another sale.

Bernie
Now can we get the rope? :saevilw:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts