1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not Much info for 2016 model/ Update wheels/tires installed

Hello all,
My first post.
I have a 16 RWD and want to change the 18" wheel/tire combo.

The wheels I'm looking at are 20x9 with +13 offset and the rear 20x10 with +23 offset.
The tires will be 245/45/20 front and 275/40/20 rear.

Question is will they work? the front seems too small of a offset from what I've been reading about.

Thanks

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Your stock 18" wheels are a 7.5" x 18.0" wheel with a 24mm (0.944 inch) positive offset.

The 20" wheel you are contemplating is 11mm less positive which is about .433 inch, which means the wheel will basically push out towards the wheelwell.

The wheels, using some simple math here, are 1.5" wider. Split that down the middle (0.75"). So basically that 13mm offset wheel be just a bit over an inch further out than your stock 18's. That puts it pretty close to having that tire outside of your wheelwell. I'd try to find a front wheel that has a bit more positive offset, somewhere close to 24mm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't post a link just yet.
But the Manufacture is claiming these will fit, I don't see how based on what I have been reading and your advice too.
Don't know why they would make these like this if they are going to stick out past the fender.

The wheels are from Hurst, the model is called Hurst Stunner. If you want to look them up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts