Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jean Jennings from Automobile magazine and David Champion (sp?), CU's testing manager, guests on this morning's "Forum" on NPR are discussing Alternative Transportation with callers, focusing on technologies and techniques for frugal gasoline consumption. Champion mentioned the 300C's Multi Displacement engine as a very positive example of what Amercian manfacturers are doing to create high horsepower, high efficiency cars, and mentioned that the newer technology to control the systems are doiung a better job than in the past.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cool. They are definately getting recognized. Hopefully some of us that are currently not so frugal on gas consumption will be getting a decent aftermarket performance support for this car.
That's cool that you have an FJ40. I guy I went to school with back in the early/mid 80's had one, fire engine red with a BB Chevy 454, 400 trans, and 4.56 gears that he used to compete with in the local mud bogs. Cool as heck
Toy. :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone notice when the MDS switches from 8 to 4 cylinders?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Been trying like heck to notice but I can not tell at all. Can tell you I sure notice the responce when I hit the gas. Listened to the NPR forum as well and was thinking why don't they mention the 300C MDS. Must have missed that part.

Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haven't noticed any switch between 8 and 4 cylinders.
Then again, my foot is usually buried to the floor anyway. LOL just kidding.
I did have it in 1st at about 30-35 mph and punched it. Nice bark :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i hear that the engine shudders when the system switches from 8 to 4 cylinders. this information was taken from another forum.

can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
No shudder in mine

Linux23 said:
i hear that the engine shudders when the system switches from 8 to 4 cylinders. this information was taken from another forum.

can anyone confirm this?

Mine is smooth as silk at all speeds. You would not know the engine is running on four cylinders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts