Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i got my 300 almost a yr ago. its the touring addition. love the car but when i want to show off and usually neutrel drop it and a peel off .. i do this cause i cant get it to peel out while in drive.. i tried 1rst gear w/ the ebrake and reg brake wont work.. turn off esp .. im still searching the forum for the how to's. so anyway by dropping into drive about a dozen times the transmission would skip.. neutrel would be drive no reverse. i would have to drive it till it jumps back into gear.. what is this cause of this.. is there a better way to show off. did i break my car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
wilber said:
so i got my 300 almost a yr ago. its the touring addition. love the car but when i want to show off and usually neutrel drop it and a peel off .. i do this cause i cant get it to peel out while in drive.. i tried 1rst gear w/ the ebrake and reg brake wont work.. turn off esp .. im still searching the forum for the how to's. so anyway by dropping into drive about a dozen times the transmission would skip.. neutrel would be drive no reverse. i would have to drive it till it jumps back into gear.. what is this cause of this.. is there a better way to show off. did i break my car?
Yes, I would say you broke your car. Can we say no warrenty and expensive!

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
wilber said:

You should be banned from ever driving again!

If you want to show off you should join the circus.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok...I'll feed too....

What do you THINK is wrong? Let's see, rev it up and drop it into gear.

My advice is to run, don't walk, to your dealer, and tell them all the details - then, after they void your warranty - go trade it in for something with a manual tranny...maybe a 1985 Camaro or something like that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I knew that before I even got through your thread.

Definetly something you wouldn't do if you owned the car.

Go to the dealer if you are under warranty, thats a no brainer.

Ohhh... and if you don't want to "break" your car again,

try something else. NOBODY looks cool when their tranny is on the ground.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Leased or not, now that you've posted your actions on a public forum - you have no more warranty. :nutkick:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Drive It Hard

Don't listen to all those "Girly Men". Drive it HARD. You wanna do neutral drops? Do em all day long if you want. Change your tranny fluid OFTEN. Meaning the more often the better. If you do happen to oops, leave your tranny on the road somewhere, don't sweat it. Drop the pan, change the fluid and the filter, then have it towed to the dealership. DON'T tell them you were doing neutral drops. Let them determine whether or not they want to cover the cost of the tranny. If not, be a big boy, grab one from a junkyard, get someone to slap it in, then... Start Over Again!!!

BTW Almost any car can LIGHT EM UP if brakes are applied to the non powered wheels (your front), and little or no brake to the drive wheels. When you replace brake pads you always bleed the brakes to eliminate air bubbles and keep the correct ratio of front to rear braking. Front brakes do most of the work (since that's where all the weight goes when you are braking) Back brakes do some of the work but their main purpose is to keep the back of the car behind the front. If you happened to not bleed the rears or worse yet, allowed a bit of air to enter via the bleeder, heaven forbid, you might actually be stuck with a car that can lock down the fronts, and smoke the rears (called power braking) without ever doing another neutral drop!

I have torture tested numerous vehicles (don't EVER buy a used rental car) including my Q45. After a SEVERE neutral drop the tranny would act really funny (not ha ha funny) then after a while drive just fine again.

The moral of the story? Whether leased or owned, it's your car TODAY. Drive it how YOU think it should be driven. If anyone else has a Humble Opinion, let them express it through their own Damn Car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only thing more pathetic than "breaking your car showing off" is posting crank threads on a car message board.

·
Registered
32 Posts
crhemi said:
Wil :banana: :banana: ber? hmmmmm!
Somthing seems fishy here, think we fell for a good one.
Can you even do that? I sure as hell don't want to try with my car, but i had a rental over the weekend, I tried about dozens of times and the transmission wouldn't even engage until the rpms droped back to 1K-2k. It does sound fishy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
VVV do you like talking to yourself? :wave:

·
Registered
179 Posts
thats what I was thinking

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its no bull

it still runs fine as long as i dont do that. other than doing that i usually take the turns and have the back kick out and start fish tailing all over the road. went to a parking lot and nutral dropped it into a spin and was doing donuts for bout 5 or 6 rotations, lots of smoke. would love to pull up to them "bad ass civic boys" and leave them in smoke. i already know that my car beats them, shit i beat them in a 85 grand merque (sp). just want to have fun while i can. and the horse is called mr ed. wilber was the owner. :wave: :fing26:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts