Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 300 SRT Core. Never had a Chrysler before, just Commodore SS's and Fords. It did not come with a front number plate attached, only the rear, though I have the number plate holder for the front and the plate is being posted to me. But what is the best thing to do? I am in Qld, Australia. Buy a slimline plate since it will obstruct air flow less and look better? It appears that it probably is illegal to not have a front plate in Qld. Any suggestions? Don't really like the idea of drilling into the front plastic. Can you stick a slimline plate on the narrow band of plastic at the front??

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
If you have a plate holder on the front, then there are holes drilled already.

I didn't like the plate holder obstructing a portion of the cooling system so I relocated it, lowering it a few inches downwards. I did have to drill some new holes but none are showing as they are all behind the plate holder. I also had to do some trimming on the side to match the contour of the fascia.

Eventually I replaced the OEM plastic piece with an aftermarket piece.

I believe this process would work on a 2nd generation SRT as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1) Yes it’s illegal not to display the front number plate
2) Don’t just stick the plate on, you will definitely loose it and when it flies off you could injure someone. You have to screw it on.
3) The size of the plate has negligible effect on air flow to the engine compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts