Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 300c a few months ago and want to put some tints on it. Unfortunately the NY legal limit for tints looks like 70% which doesn't even seem worth it. I know people go darker then legal limit but do cops real bust balls on this? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I Live In Staten Island,and Had To Change My Tint.it Didnt Pay To Leave The Darker Tint On Because In Just One Month Paid About $800 In Tickets.just Got Stopped The Other Day With My Other Car,got Lucky Talked My Way Out Of Another Ticket.i Hope This Helped

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I Have 50% Now And Had No Problems Of Yet.i Think You Should Be Alright With 50%.i Left My Back Windows With The 35% And Still No Problems.I REALLY DONT LIKE THE 50% BUT I RATHER HAVE SOMETHING THEN NOTHING.

·
Registered
690 Posts
50% is not even worth it really.
my old car had a 50% on the windsheild! ahha
On my car i have 5% all around, Im in Ontario, we have pretty strict laws but I guess not as bad as NY

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
They Are Pretty Bad Over Here In Ny,i Just Wanted Someting On The Car.its Not Worth Going Darker On Staten Island Because It Seems Like They Have Cops That Ride Around Just For Tinted Cars.never Had A Problem When I Lived In Brooklyn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Westchester, NY and i have 25% and 15% tint. I think they really dont bust your balls unless you get pulled over for a different violation. I got pulled over for speeding on the Taconic, but only got a speeding ticket so it probably just depends on the cop.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Live on the North Shore of the Island, and have 20% all around. I don't give a [email protected]#K about so-called "tint laws"...I ain't changing it, regardless of penalty...and to date, I have not one ticket, nor pull over, for my tint :cool:

(please tint gods, don't jinx me for my bravado) :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have had 50% all the way around for about 6 months in Staten Island, and have never been pulled over or had a problem. you can tell it is tinted and it looks different than no tint, but it isn't going to grab any negative attention, my experience has shown so far. its def worth doing...light tint is better than no tint

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
50% On Staten Island Is No Problem Its When You Go Darker Thats When They Start.like I Said Got Pulled Over For Just Tint Last Week I Work For The City So They Let Me Go.YOUR RIGHT HEHATEME BECAUSE I AM OUT IN SMITHTOWN EVERY OTHER WEEK TO SEE MY KIDS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.THE PROBLEM IN S.I. IS THERE ALL YOUNG KIDS THAT ARE COPS OUT HERE.YOU KNOW WANTS FUNNY I WORK NEAR A PRECENT AND I SEE THESE COPS GET IN THERE PERSONAL CARS AND THERE WINDOWS ARE DARKER THEN MINE,I GUESS WHEN YOU HAVE A BADGE YOU CAN HAVE THE DARKER TINT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts