Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I have an OBD2 Android app on my smartphone. You put in the code from the EVIC and it comes up with a description of the fault. Only $1.99 for the full version, or free for the "Lite" version. Works with all main car brands and includes brand-specific codes. I think there's an IPhone version also.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do aftermarket OBD2 code readers provide anything that the EVIC can't?

I have that exact model and use it to reset a few spurious codes that appear on my Camaro. I have plugged it into the 300C and it works ok but haven't had any codes to reset so far....
Now that's tempted fate hasn't it !:pat:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I use a OBD2 Car Code/Diagnostic Interface I got off ebay (£15-£20) together with software(99p!) from the same place. When plugged into my laptop I can read and clear codes as well as view and record
Engine RPM, Coolant Temperature,Fuel System Status, Vehicle Speed, Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim,Intake Manifold Pressure, Timing Advance, Intake Air Temperature, Air Flow Rate,Absolute Throttle Position,Oxygen sensor voltages and much more.
This can be fitted to most modern cars and I have found it very useful. It can even find radio codes on some models and turn off service lights
I also have a Scangauge permanently fitted to my car to supplement my standard dash gauges (the Scangauge can also be used to read and clear codes)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have noticed listings on some OBD scanners that don't reset codes. There's so many to choose from.
Do I need a reset function. Or can I just reset via fuse pull?

·
Administrator
23,433 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, you will still need a plug in bluetooth module to use the phone app. And, yes, the ability to reset codes is useful because some codes remain after the fault has sorted itself out. If you clear them and they come back, you know you have something to worry about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bought one of these scanners and seems to work ok for £45 checked car first with the dance and no codes then checked with the scanner and no codes only draw back is i cant seem to connect the scanner to my laptop to download test have sent a message to the seller to see what the prob is but for £45 happy enough (scanner is a vgate 600)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts