Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like many of you I have one of those ELM327 clone adaptors which I've used with a few pieces of software over the years to do stuff like check codes, reset check engine lights, create dashboards, etc but I've always found the software to be quite limiting.

Well just recently I came across a new piece of software which I'm testing and and I thought you guys might be interested in....

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

So far I'm really impressed, one mod I've found particularly useful is the ability to set a delay on the accessory power cut off. This means I'm no longer stuck with people who forgot to wind their windows up before I took the keys out of the ignition.

Here's some screen shots of it running:

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am having trouble connectiing, tried a bluetooth ELM adapter and got a couple of connections but no ability to diagnose / show my car or make any changes. I have ordered a USB / OBDII cable which I will try.

If this does work it is brilliant, the suppliers are very helpful even with my continuous basic questions.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Not all bluetooth adaptors are the same. Diagfca recommend OBDLinkLX which I find works well with TorquePro on my Android phone app and justifies its higher price. I considered buying diagfca but unfortunately it's not compatible with Win XP and I would need to upgrade both hardware and software before it would work.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine (Pumpkin) works fine with torque pro, I hope the USB/OBDII adapter will fix things, very much looking forward to no TPMS!

PS - my account dissapeared completely resulting in all my previous posts showing as "guest" admin said they could find no history of me despite me linking to my posts over the last month!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I noticed your account was looking strange. Same with FrozenMist. Maybe something to do with this thread? Please keep us informed re diagfca and TPMS. I haven't experienced any problems with TPMS and the batteries are still holding up after 11 yrs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It seems I cannot get this to work, with bluetooth or USB, shame. The software will not see the car, tried a win7 and win10 machine. £160 for new TPMS sensors or £5 for earphones. Crazy system that cannot be switched off even on a car made 6 years prior to it being required to work if fitted. Speak to a Chrysler dealer and they simply refuse to believe it can be disabled despite me showing them the actual instructions to do it on a starscan. Hideous customer service and training.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
Actually, dealers won't disable TPMS as it is required by regulation and techs are not trained to perform the operation so as to reduce risk to the dealership and FCA.

So, whichever way they respond to your request, it's more of a deflection vs. outright ignorance.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Ed - did you try the OBDLinkLX adaptor, as recommended by Diagfca? I wouldn't count on any cheapo ELM327 doing the job. Where did you get the USB/OBD2 cable from, as these can also prove problematical?

MADDOG - I can understand dealers reluctance to disable any feature incorporated at time of manufacture, however, in the UK, TPMS was not mandated until after 2006 so cars of that year are not regulated. Nevertheless, I have been satisfied with my TPMS which is still uses the original sensors after 11 yrs.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I understand that the software is keyed to your VIN. Have you checked that there isn't an error? Also, do you make sure that your ignition is switched on to just before cranking position? Perhaps FrozenMist might pop up with a few tips.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK finally I got it connected, I am not great with connections via ELM / Bluetooth and the oddness of device manager but with a lot of help from the provider it works - NO MORE TPMS!!!

The software is so worth it to get rid of that chime - it is the first time since owning my 300 I have seen the glorious wording system ok!

Appcar - diagfca is the only way to do this unless your Chrysler dealer will help (unlikely) - an added bonus is that all options are reversible if required.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Good to hear that your persistence finally paid off, Ed and that the supplier provided the necessary support. I'm not surprised that it turned out to be a comms issue. You'll have to keep us informed on how you get on with the software, as I might be interested myself, if and when I get hold of a more up to date computer with a compatible operating system. I do have a similar package (VAGCOM) which I have for my ancient Audi A4 and this happily runs on a secondhand laptop with Win2000. The OBDII connection is via an RS232 serial link, which is more reliable than USB or Bluetooth. One of the functions available on this package is measurement and adjustment of start of injection timing and another is transmission fluid temp measurement. Do you know if these are available in Diagfca?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am yet to see what else it can do, it is very good value and thee are numerous features and options to explore - if you decide to I can let you know what ELM adapter and bluetooth adapter worked in the end - win7 was fine to.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The forum really needs a "love" button for posts like this one.
I already have the recommended obd2 adapter, and just recently bought a new laptop for running diagnostics in the garage. Just needed a good program to run on it.

In thanks for this post, I volunteer to take responsibility for your next illegitimate child.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I understand that the software is keyed to your VIN. Have you checked that there isn't an error? Also, do you make sure that your ignition is switched on to just before cranking position? Perhaps FrozenMist might pop up with a few tips.
In what way is the software linked to the VIN? Is the software only usable on a single vehicle?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am very much in love with this program. I just got it and some of the things it told me stunned me.
It actually saw that I had disconnected the center speaker in my dash, and of course, I killed the tire pressure sensor system.
My car is a 2007, so I can still get away with that legally.

If your car is listed as supported, GET THIS SOFTWARE!!
OBD2 scanners are a joke compared to the things this software can tell you.
My car had NO codes according to my obd2 scanner, but this brought up stuff that the scanner could not see, or read, and even allows you to trigger actuators and turn features on and off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts