Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What kind of Octane are you using?

  • 87

    Votes: 5 8.5%
  • 89

    Votes: 47 79.7%
  • 93

    Votes: 7 11.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of Gas are you using?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Do you use the search at all or read stickies? This info is all over this forum...much like the oil type to use you asked about in a different thread.

Not to give a REALLY hard time, but the stickies are right there in the forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
See my post in "problems" under "Octane Matters" I have tried using 91 (thats all we get in CA) and I have tried using 89. 89 is much better in my opinion, as 91 hindered my performance. I will not use 91+ again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Let it be..........................

jjs said:
Do you use the search at all or read stickies? This info is all over this forum...much like the oil type to use you asked about in a different thread.

Not to give a REALLY hard time, but the stickies are right there in the forums.
Ahhh JJ let em' go. You cant stop em all. I catch myself posting similar topics all the time. To tell ya the truth when you make a new thread it gets more attention most the time. :) I run 89 and still don't know if its right. I'm just doing what the book says. I know my buddy from the U.A.E uses 96 on his.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
89

HEMI powered by 89 Octane! What is there a choice :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
First300COwner said:
Ahhh JJ let em' go. You cant stop em all. I catch myself posting similar topics all the time. To tell ya the truth when you make a new thread it gets more attention most the time. :) I run 89 and still don't know if its right. I'm just doing what the book says. I know my buddy from the U.A.E uses 96 on his.
slk320 said:
See my post in "problems" under "Octane Matters" I have tried using 91 (thats all we get in CA) and I have tried using 89. 89 is much better in my opinion, as 91 hindered my performance. I will not use 91+ again.
Hey guys I am from the U.A.E. but we don't have 96, what we have is 95 & 98. BTW I running my C with 98 coz the higher you go up the octane scale the better the preformance will be not the other way around & I really noticed the diffrence between both coz I used to put the 95 but running with 98 makes a big diffrence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
It amazed me that at the dealership I bought mine from the sales guys told me 87 Octane, there is now reference on the gas cap door, (usually there is)

As mentioned here and in the MANUAL, 89 Octane is what's required.

I don't know what the point of the sales people claiming 87 Octane is, when I had my 04 Hemi Durango, they told me the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Jamoleh - I would love to use QUALITY 98 gas like you guys have...our 91 is 12% water; 9% orange jiuce; 34% ethanol and remainder is a further diluted mixture of gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
jamoleh said:
Hey guys I am from the U.A.E. but we don't have 96, what we have is 95 & 98. BTW I running my C with 98 coz the higher you go up the octane scale the better the preformance will be not the other way around & I really noticed the diffrence between both coz I used to put the 95 but running with 98 makes a big diffrence.
Hey Jamoleh, I was talking about you! I thought you said 96 but I was wrong. All I remember is was higher than 93 and that amazed me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Hey, we can get that stuff here in Canada no problem, it's on runway 7, they even pull up with a BIG refuelling truck...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Unless you've modded the engine, run 89 Octane Gas ONLY...It will make MORE HP than the higher octane gas...

Anybody Know Why?

LJB

PS: I Know Why... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
slk320 said:
Jamoleh - I would love to use QUALITY 98 gas like you guys have...our 91 is 12% water; 9% orange jiuce; 34% ethanol and remainder is a further diluted mixture of gas.
slk320 - I think you're WRONG... It's not 9% orange juice, It's 9% prune juice to prevent your car from irregularities! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
Unless you've modded the engine, run 89 Octane Gas ONLY...It will make MORE HP than the higher octane gas...

Anybody Know Why?

LJB

PS: I Know Why... ;)
Anything less and the computer will retard ignition to avoid preignition, anything higher would burn slower and create less power.
Howd I do???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Hey guys of what I had experienced with this car that if you increase the octane the hp's goes up & I have been using 95 since I bought the car till January after that I used 98 and really I have noticed the difference the 98 is much better that 95 over here and helps me make more doughnuts.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top