Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
jaydee, that's more for diagnostics than anything..not sure why I would want one other than if I had a problem with my car and couldn't take it to the dealer.

As far as performance gains - we are all waiting to see who can "crack the code" and put a good product on the market. See the jetchip threads for more on that..good info.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a scangauge for mt SRT-4 and its AWESOME!!!!! Shows timing, instant mpg, TPS, IA temp, and liek 20 more. Furthermore it logs most of them for 2 days! No perf. gains, but one of the best diagnostic tools that I know of for the price!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Shmirgin and 5Point..

Shmirgin and 5Point,

thanks for that post. the scangauge also apparently has the following feature:

Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes to send to the vehicle computer

Isn't the "chip" solution kindof similar to this feature- if you knew what the code was, you could even "change" performance..

Jay

·
Registered
351 Posts
JD,

This is just an informative device.

DCX is holding tight to the code.
As has been stated, if the aftermarket does not get a hold of the code, their product will only be as good as what the PCM will "allow" it to be, as the PCM will reset it to factory values.

As far as performance some members will be dynoing(w/jetchip) their cars and posting the numbers.
We will then see if the performance chips are what they claim to be.
I hope these chips work but w/o getting into the PCM, I'll wait and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts