Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very strange rattle sounds from my srt when idling possibly threw higher rpms but exhaust noise drowns it out, I just installed a new exhaust a few weeks ago put about 1000 miles on the car sence and all clamps are tight and everything clears, yet I get a rattle noise that sounds like a loose clamp just started within 100 miles ago, it's not constant though and the odd part is I can take my finger and just touch my exhaust and it will completely stop, any ideas what could be causing this? Everything is tightened up and nothing is hitting, I'm at work but tomorrow I'll get a video of it

·
Registered
980 Posts
Cutouts can rattle sometimes. Are the butterfly valves completely closed / sealing.?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I closed off my cutouts so there 100% sealed now and I already dropped the brace some, checked most of the usual things which is why I'm confused on it

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
There's a transmition tunnel brace it is probubly hitting.. Use some washers on it and give the exhaust some more clearance.

Not hi jacking the thread, but this MIGHT be my odd rattle right here. Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Wow, scary noise! No idea. Good luck tracking it down. Have you tried the screwdriver listening thing?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Post #6...thanks for putting that up. That's a head-scratcher. Mine happens once then disappears. That sounds like it keeps happening. Can you just weld all the joints and do away with the clamps? Maybe that won't do anything tho...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm starting to think one of the cats broke loose inside, going to run a camera in threw my cutout and see

1 - 9 of 9 Posts