Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing a fog light install on my 07 300 base. The fog lights are an OEM kit on amazon that comes with everything: stock harness, relay, switch, plastic housing, and fogs. I wanted to know if there is enough space, with the car lifted, to work behind the front bumper and install the lights. Also, I have never taken off the bottom skirt so i do not know if the spot behind the lower plastic moldings is hollow or if it is completely solid. Would I have to trim or drill a whole in? If anyone also has full instructions on how to wire the kit up to the FCM I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!:smile:

heres a pick of the kit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7168400821/

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
When you pull the underbody tray you can reach in there but there is not a lot of room. Hopefully you have long arms. :D

The space directly above that tray has an engine in it but forward of there it's generally open.

I've never removed those front plastic pieces from a base so I am not sure whether or not there is a hole there or not!

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
So do you not have any fog lights now? If not, I'm not much help. Hopefully somebody who has done it will chime in. I will say that you might as well pull your entire fascia. It's 1000% easier to do any type of work like that with it off. It's not difficult to remove - and you probably will have to learn sooner or later - the mod bug's disease never goes away... it only gets worse. :)
The space directly above that tray has an engine in it but forward of there it's generally open.
^^^^^^ haaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do you not have any fog lights now? If not, I'm not much help. Hopefully somebody who has done it will chime in. I will say that you might as well pull your entire fascia. It's 1000% easier to do any type of work like that with it off. It's not difficult to remove - and you probably will have to learn sooner or later - the mod bug's disease never goes away... it only gets worse. :)

^^^^^^ haaaaaaaaa
I do not have foglights now. I was thinking of the exact thing, taking the whole thing off. Maybe I will reconsider and bust a NIKE and just do it. The disease never does go away.

And Maddog, I have skinny arms, hopefully that'll benefit me some how!
Thanks for the help so far guys.

Any other volunteers??

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
You're going to need someone with a StarScan/StarMobile to enable the front fog lamp output in the FCM.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're going to need someone with a StarScan/StarMobile to enable the front fog lamp output in the FCM.
Yes, I am aware of that. What i'm thinking of doing, is putting a relay on the fogs and have them turn on with the headlights. For the mean time at least.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
You might get a bulb out warning if you set them up with a relay like that.

Honestly, if I were doing it, I'd just pull the front fascia. It will take a lot less time and you won't end up throwing things in frustration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might get a bulb out warning if you set them up with a relay like that.

Honestly, if I were doing it, I'd just pull the front fascia. It will take a lot less time and you won't end up throwing things in frustration.
Why would i get the bulb out? The car doesn't have the fogs stock. So it wouldn't know they were on or off. I already have a relay kit for my HID low's on my head lights, and I'm planning on putting another RELAY on the fogs, that will also have an HID. Hopefully you followed my confusing directions :D:cool2:

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
It's the extra draw across the headlight circuit you plan to tie into with the relay that might cause the bulb out warning as the voltage draw will spike.

·
Registered
574 Posts
On my base I bought an OEM fog light kit....took about an hour to do...took the front bumper off, ran the wires and replaced the switch. It cost $20 for me to get the dealership to use the star scan and while they were plugged in I asked if they could turn of the day time running lights and had them make it where the fogs stayed on with the brights on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the extra draw across the headlight circuit you plan to tie into with the relay that might cause the bulb out warning as the voltage draw will spike.
O ok, but I thought the draw from the relay was minimal since all of the juice is coming from the battery terminal and the headlight current is only to turn the relay "on." Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :01:

On my base I bought an OEM fog light kit....took about an hour to do...took the front bumper off, ran the wires and replaced the switch. It cost $20 for me to get the dealership to use the star scan and while they were plugged in I asked if they could turn of the day time running lights and had them make it where the fogs stayed on with the brights on.

Was the hole for the fog assembly itself already cut out on the bumper or did you have to drill a hole? That's what I'm planning on doing with the Hi's and Fogs, I think its called "export" mode or something. Did you put HID's on your fogs too?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys ran into a little hick up. Got my kit today but the dash switch is 6 pins, and my stock switch and wiring is only 5. The pictures will explain a little more

first 2 pics are of the stock wiring and button. The third is the button in the kit. I do not know what this extra pin is for but im pretty sure its for the fogs. If anyone knows please confirm or deny my fears :kabong:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so after 4 hours yesterday in this wonderful 102 degree vegas weather, i got my fogs in. They're connected to the head lights for the time being until i take it to the dealer and get it setup right.

Heres the final product

:fing26:

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Congrats. :fing02:

Good to see you got them installed. Ever get them wired the way you wanted?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats. :fing02:

Good to see you got them installed. Ever get them wired the way you wanted?
Yea I did. For now at least. I had a relay kit laying around and popped that in. Its set to turn on with the headlights until I run StarScan through it. I've been calling around the stealerships here in Vegas, but the Stealership went from an hour of labor @ 130$ to 110$ when I spoke to the actual technician. Almost as much as I payed for the entire kit. I will just keep trying and maybe get a cool technician on the right day. Everything is wired and set to look and work 100% stock so.. until that day.

I'm thinking of making a tutorial (if there isn't one already) to show members with the base model how to put them in their car

PS. I didn't take the front clip off :naughty: Pain in the A$$

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$130 wow....cost me $20 for them to turn mine on

Wow was my reaction exactly, i was like :eek:... thanks. click. I like when they turn on with the head lights because it helps me find my car easily in a parking garage. Just find the car that lights up half the garage and done

:cool2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where do you connect the wiring harness under the hood?
you have to pull up the FCM and plug in the little wire clip thing into the harness. If you bought the original mopar kit. The instructions tell you what harness to pull out from the FCM and in what slot to slip the wire into. The wire is attached to a metal clip thing that just slides into the plastic connector/harness.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts