Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
that is the question...and I don't mean a bar-b-que either. ;)

Since my car is already in the body shop having some required front-end cosmetic work performed (which will also require the replacement of my previously installed custom grill), I've now been contemplating as to whether just having an OEM grill reinstalled. The custom grill certainly gave my car a more classier and flashier appearance, but I'm now actually thinking more of maybe just opting for the sportier/touring look, as I'll also probably be replacing the wheels with 20" polished (un-chromed) aluminum wheels. Any thoughts...and yes, I already know that the decision is really up to me anyway. :rolleyes:

Here are the before and after photos:

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
While I like many of the aftermarket grilles, I do prefer the OEM grille for me (for now). I think it's the one item that makes the 300 instantly recognizeable, I appreciate the retro look, and now that so many have gone the aftermarket way, I think the originals look like the unique ones.

I decided to stay original with the grille and wheels until I start to get bored (will that day ever come??) These are perfect areas to freshen up the look at that point... but for now mine still pretty much looks like the car I fell in love with! :)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't think I have seen a grill I dislike. They all look good. So I am still running the stock grill.

The other big reason I haven't tried a different grill is the hassle of installation. I would be much more inclined to experiment with different grills if they would easily snap-in and snap-out. Also, the cost needs to come down on the grills, to no more than $100 to $150. That way we could all have about 5 grills and change them in the morning, depending on our mood. :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
that is the question...and I don't mean a bar-b-que either. ;)

Since my car is already in the body shop having some required front-end cosmetic work performed (which will also require the replacement of my previously installed custom grill), I've now been contemplating as to whether just having an OEM grill reinstalled. The custom grill certainly gave my car a more classier and flashier appearance, but I'm now actually thinking more of maybe just opting for the sportier/touring look, as I'll also probably be replacing the wheels with 20" polished (un-chromed) aluminum wheels. Any thoughts...and yes, I already know that the decision is really up to me anyway. :rolleyes:

Here are the before and after photos:
you could always hold out for E&G's new rolls royce grill, expecting a may appearance...............

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
O Stress said:
you could always hold out for E&G's new rolls royce grill, expecting a may appearance...............
Although I only sell E&G grilles, I would still like them over the original. I'm offering a group buy to the 300 Forum through May 16th. You might want to reconsider after seeing the prices. I'll have them posted on my web site in a little while. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I prefer the Weber Genesis grill-LOL-:D

Seriously...Mr. DJ, I prefer the stock grill look. I think that it gives the car the unique look and feel. To me, it makes the car what it is. A great work of art!

I know that people swap the grilles out, but after having replaced one stock grille already due to damage caused from someone backing into it, it just seemed cheaper to just put back in what Chrysler used in the first place. But the decision is really up to you, my friend. I wish you lots of luck.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I get my car, the grill has got to go. I've never really liked it from the first time I saw it. Horsepower and price is what won me over. Even though a lot of people like the stock grill, I think most people will agree that the aftermarket grills for this car came in record time. Your choice, this is one of those fun questions where all sides are right. Cecil......... :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks friends, as I really appreciate all of your quick and honest responses. I'll definitely have my decision made by this Monday. I have seen where E&G has now come out with a 'Dual Weave' pattern grill, but I haven't seen anything yet on the R/R grill. The R/R grill might be interesting, just as long as it didn't look like the time when Tommy Chong wired an R/R grill onto the front of his VW 'Bug'...too funny. The E&G 'Dual Weave' pattern grill reminds me too much like a pair of 'Arglye' socks. :p

http://www.egclassic.com/grilles/chrysler/300_DualWeave.php

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Keep the Grill. BC is having her grill painted this week to match the body color. The Chrome parts are staying but the rest is going to be DLR.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Scarbrs said:
Keep the Grill. BC is having her grill painted this week to match the body color. The Chrome parts are staying but the rest is going to be DLR.
Now THAT should look good.
Great idea.
Now..if you could find some translucent/candy
"Lava Red"..WHOA !!
I kept my old grill,I had painted the vertical silver pieces black,
and even that looked pretty good

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lik2race said:
Now THAT should look good.
Great idea.
Now..if you could find some translucent/candy
"Lava Red"..WHOA !!
I kept my old grill,I had painted the vertical silver pieces black,
and even that looked pretty good
Actually, that was exactly my plan for the OEM grill...painting the non-chrome areas 'PXR' (Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl). I had also asked my paint/body shop about maybe just painting the mesh portions of the new (replacement) E&G grill, but the experts there said that powder-coating would be the only viable solution, as painting would eventually flake-off the chrome over time. ;)

·
Banned
223 Posts
O Stress said:
Can you post more info on this ? any pics etc.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I changed my mind on the DLR and had the grill painted Satin black. It looked like shit. The idea was good the paint looked ok but the detail work looked like shit. They taped it off so bad that i told them i could have done this. I took it to them to have it look like a pro did it not me. My guys at LCT told me this body shop was good and they know how picky i am i think they were mad too when i told them. So if this bodyshop can't fix it which i think they wont be able to i'm not paying for it. Ugh Poor BC she so sad no grill. Now i have to get a new one and i'll just do it myself by hand no tape. I should have just done it myself but i was afriad of ruining it should have know better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts