Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for guidance on an OEM replacement grill for my 2012 Chrysler SRT8 w/ vapor chrome package.

Parked at the post office yesterday and went inside. Upon returning, I found that someone had backed their vehicle into the front grill area of my car. There's a crack in the grill. See photo. Haven't had a chance to fully inspect yet, so not sure if that's the only damage.

A few questions:

1- Does anyone know the cost and/or part number for an OEM grill?

2- What does DIY removal/replacement entail?

3- Are there any indicators of other/hidden damage I should look for?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Best of luck with that. If you end up having to discard this grille, I'd be interested in buying the grille insert from you!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have been out of town with work. Will dig into this deeper this week and let you know what I come up with.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Looking for guidance on an OEM replacement grill for my 2012 Chrysler SRT8 w/ vapor chrome package.

Parked at the post office yesterday and went inside. Upon returning, I found that someone had backed their vehicle into the front grill area of my car. There's a crack in the grill. See photo. Haven't had a chance to fully inspect yet, so not sure if that's the only damage.

A few questions:

1- Does anyone know the cost and/or part number for an OEM grill?

2- What does DIY removal/replacement entail?

3- Are there any indicators of other/hidden damage I should look for?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
1.) Part # 1SF04SZRAA. $515 list from the dealer. $369.05 from wholesalemopar.com

2.) To easily remove it would entail removing the entire front bumper cover. You MAY be able to do it with it on, but I wouldn't want that headache. Its held in with plastic clips and 2 screws on the upper portion of it.

3.) Normally when someone backs into you, there a fine hairline cracks in the clear coat that are sometimes hard to see. You may want to look close at the surrounding area. Other than that, nothing hidden I wouldn't suspect.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
People that do this (hit & run):pat: should be made to walk everywhere for at least one year. No bicycles either, they would probably run into sh!t with that too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1.) Part # 1SF04SZRAA. $515 list from the dealer. $369.05 from wholesalemopar.com

2.) To easily remove it would entail removing the entire front bumper cover. You MAY be able to do it with it on, but I wouldn't want that headache. Its held in with plastic clips and 2 screws on the upper portion of it.

3.) Normally when someone backs into you, there a fine hairline cracks in the clear coat that are sometimes hard to see. You may want to look close at the surrounding area. Other than that, nothing hidden I wouldn't suspect.

Good info...thanks! Also found the spider-like cracks in the clear coat / paint surface that you mentioned. Will definitely need the services of a professional. I obtained two estimates. Each was over $1,000 (USD). Interestingly, each body shop cited part number 68155788AA for the grille.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts