Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

OEM rear seat DVD system??? Pics anyone???

17K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  mathijskok 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the OEM factory installed rear DVD system in thier car? I'm ordering my 2006 asap and have two boys and really wanted to know how it looks and works. I have a 2005 Avalanche with rear DVD system and nothing beats it on long trips, peace and quiet...

Pics please if you can. I'm very interested in how it looks...
Thanks

#4 ·
srtdan... Thanks for the pics. I've heard that the stored position is with the screen folded forward, i.e., you'd rest your elbon on it. Is this true. Would you provide a picture and explanation of that and any protective cover?

#5 · (Edited)
GoofyTimL said:
srtdan... Thanks for the pics. I've heard that the stored position is with the screen folded forward, i.e., you'd rest your elbon on it. Is this true. Would you provide a picture and explanation of that and any protective cover?
I believe the screen folds under the cover on top of the console- the cover folds up towards the windshield and the screen then folds down with the cover on top of it. It does sacrifice console space, but the dvd console is slightly higher than the original.

#7 ·
sgchap3 said:
Does anyone have the OEM factory installed rear DVD system in thier car? I'm ordering my 2006 asap and have two boys and really wanted to know how it looks and works. I have a 2005 Avalanche with rear DVD system and nothing beats it on long trips, peace and quiet...

Pics please if you can. I'm very interested in how it looks...
Thanks
Great option! Kind of an electronic baby sitter,no problems in 4 months,the Koss cordless headphones are awesome. Crank outlaw country on sirrius and flog your 300! rbrenden

#9 ·
Know if the DVD player has an extra "out" so that yu can run multiple monitors?

#10 ·
Extra Out

teahead said:
Know if the DVD player has an extra "out" so that yu can run multiple monitors?
TV and Nav 2 Go will add additional video inputs to the head unit. I have the rear dvd fed to the front and a back up camera (in the front airdam). So I can watch the DVD's up front and watch those cute curbs before they amputate my chin spoiler. I highly recommend these mods.

Dan

#11 ·
DanRealtor said:
TV and Nav 2 Go will add additional video inputs to the head unit. I have the rear dvd fed to the front and a back up camera (in the front airdam). So I can watch the DVD's up front and watch those cute curbs before they amputate my chin spoiler. I highly recommend these mods.

Dan
So the rear DVD has provisions for additional video outputs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.