Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I've had it. I am tired of people (people here, dealers, service tech's) saying that the Uconnect that comes equipped with the 300C from the factory can NOT be installed later. That's BS. Absolute BS. What if I already had it and someone broke in to my car and stole my entire dash, including my rear view mirror? Then what? Would no one at Chrysler be able to re-install my Uconnect? I highly doubt that.

All I'm asking is for anyone to give me the info I need to get the correct parts to do the install myself. That's it. Thanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
glenn4dde said:
OK...I've had it. I am tired of people (people here, dealers, service tech's) saying that the Uconnect that comes equipped with the 300C from the factory can NOT be installed later. That's BS. Absolute BS. What if I already had it and someone broke in to my car and stole my entire dash, including my rear view mirror? Then what? Would no one at Chrysler be able to re-install my Uconnect? I highly doubt that.

All I'm asking is for anyone to give me the info I need to get the correct parts to do the install myself. That's it. Thanks.
Here's a link for a post on the Dodge forums concerning the subject your inquiring about.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=15441&page=1&pp=10

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
300con22s - Thanks. Very helpful link.

With that said, has ANYONE got this to work? ANYONE AT ALL?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Following closely!

I'm REAL interested too. I like the integrated functionality with my NAV that you lose with the dealer installed uConnect.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
TheSRTSaint said:
Im not sure who said you could not add Uconnect after the fact, but it was disscussed earlier this year and several folks installed it after purchase.

Link with install instructions

and yet another
Your missing his point, he wants the OEM system, not the after-market that I have in my car.

I do know that this was flogged to death over the last year and and the word was that it cannot be added, but that was then and this is now. It might be cheaper to buy a new car then to add this feature after the fact. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
Your missing his point, he wants the OEM system, not the after-market that I have in my car.

I do know that this was flogged to death over the last year and and the word was that it cannot be added, but that was then and this is now. It might be cheaper to buy a new car then to add this feature after the fact. Just my 2 cents.

well that noted. It did go on about how the connectors and cables that one might add a uconnect too are missing and/or different in a non equipt car. So one would have to rewire the car from scratch. I would look for a totaled 300c and remove all necessary parts. Anything can be done for a price, but at what price can you pay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had mine installed by the dealer after I purchased the car. The mic is mounted above the console (near the sunglasses holder). The unit itself was mounted to the lef of the dash which makes for easy reach.

Budman

·
Registered
142 Posts
U Connect - Dealer Installed Option

My dealer had already done a U Connect dealer-installed option on a 300C when I ordered my car. The customer indicated that it worked perfectly - worked perfectly - worked perfectly.

Dante!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dante - "Worked perfectly" Meaning the caller ID displays on the radio? Can you also find businesses on the NAV and call them via the NAV using the Bluetooth link to your cell phone?

·
Registered
142 Posts
glenn4dde said:
Dante - or anyone else...can you please answer my question above?
I don't know the owner to ask your specific questions but I've left your queries with the delearship who say they'll get back to me.

Dante!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts