Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just picked up another set of oem 18s and i was wondering how they would look if i painted them black ......... anyone have any pics ??

there the multi spoke that came with my 300c

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
good question, im not sure, hopefully someone else might have a pic but i havnt seen any. Are you gonna go dark black or that greyish black?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good question, im not sure, hopefully someone else might have a pic but i havnt seen any. Are you gonna go dark black or that greyish black?

wanna give it a try going dark black ....... have my neighbour sand blast them or just sand the clear of n just get them done black

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Don't paint them as they will look cheap. The paint cannot hold up and if you ever put a tire machine on them the paint will scratch right off. Have you thought about powder coating them? It's normally about $50 to $60 per wheel and looks great. Holds up real good, too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't paint them as they will look cheap. The paint cannot hold up and if you ever put a tire machine on them the paint will scratch right off. Have you thought about powder coating them? It's normally about $50 to $60 per wheel and looks great. Holds up real good, too.
paint only scratches off if the paint is done poorly, and the wheel isnt prepped correctly.. powder coating is another good option, however ive never seen a powder coated set of wheels that looks as nice, and are as easy to maintain as painted..

·
Registered
916 Posts
If they are the plastic 300c clad wheels, I don't think you can Powder Coat plastic.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
paint only scratches off if the paint is done poorly, and the wheel isnt prepped correctly.. powder coating is another good option, however ive never seen a powder coated set of wheels that looks as nice, and are as easy to maintain as painted..
First, I didn't know they were plastic so I guess that powedercoating is out.

But sssrt8, I do have to say if you go to a real good powdercoating company you would not believe the outcome. Just as good as any paint but a lot more durable. I could see painted wheels for show, but for everyday use I just don't see paint holding up.

Does anyone have photos of painted wheels? Not powdercoated but painted?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been thinking of powerdercoating my stock wheels for winter pics of 300c wheels black please...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts