Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:zx11pisse Ok, now I am not that happy... I got the wheels today DUB Moab 22" with Pirelli 265/35/22.

I put them on the front first, and paid attention to the bolt that is very close to the top of the tire. The front wheels did not rub against the bolt, and that is all I paid attention to. :261:

I thought I better take a test ride to see how they felt, and here we go. The car would barely move. I assumed it was the bolt but no, it was the suspension arm (I am guessing... it is curved and attaches to the bolt above the tire). It rubbbbs badly and the car is a bone stock 2006 300C.

NOW WHAT? It is mainly rubbing on the inside, and not on top at all. Is it spacer time, or should I send them back? Is a spacer the answer? Anything else? The F'd up part is that they were from a Allstarrims and they were on a 300C (bought them used). :aargh4:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
It's not the end of the world..

most likely it's rubbing on the inside control arm. You can correct this by buying a spacer or grindin the control arm a lil (which I personally wouldn't do!) Go buy some spacers (a 1/4" should do the trick) at your local PepBoys or Kragen, and don't forget to buy some hubcentric rings to. This will keep the spacers in place, that away when you put your wheels on, they will stay nice and tight, and not wobble.. The only thing bad about the spacers, is that when you decide on lowering the car, the tires will rub on the fenders when you turn (because it might stick out pass the fenders a lil :wink1: ).. I hope this helps..
As for the top bolt, if your that concerned about it hitting the tire, you can grind down the threads a lil bit with a grinder..
Btw, wheels look killer..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEMMISSEY said:
most likely it's rubbing on the inside control arm. You can correct this by buying a spacer or grindin the control arm a lil (which I personally wouldn't do!) Go buy some spacers (a 1/4" should do the trick) at your local PepBoys or Kragen, and don't forget to buy some hubcentric rings to. This will keep the spacers in place, that away when you put your wheels on, they will stay nice and tight, and not wobble.. The only thing bad about the spacers, is that when you decide on lowering the car, the tires will rub on the fenders when you turn (because it might stick out pass the fenders a lil :wink1: ).. I hope this helps..
As for the top bolt, if your that concerned about it hitting the tire, you can grind down the threads a lil bit with a grinder..
Btw, wheels look killer..
I knew you were goingto say spacers... Damn. I hate when the wheels stick out. Man that is crappy. Thank you for the compliment and the info! I hope a 1/4 will do. Can I get the hubcentric rings at the same type of auto parts place? And do I need a certain size?

Thanks this is just so damn frustrating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
spacers you can buy at any PepBoys or Kragen. For the rings you would have to go to any Tire Shop that have em (Les Swabs or America's Tire Centers) and get them for the 06 300c... As for the wheels sticking out, I wouldn't think 1/4" would make a difference in the looks dept. Are you going to lower the C?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEMMISSEY said:
spacers you can buy at any PepBoys or Kragen. For the rings you would have to go to any Tire Shop that have em (Les Swabs or America's Tire Centers) and get them for the 06 300c... As for the wheels sticking out, I wouldn't think 1/4" would make a difference in the looks dept. Are you going to lower the C?
Thank u for the info

Definitlely NO!!! I am only adding a chip, maybe intake, and I bought the chrome apllication for the windows but I am debating color mathing them.

Anyone else have input on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Wheels look sharp! Sorry about the problems. I had to put 7mm spacers on my car in the front because of the bigger brakes. Doesn't look bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
HEMI4ME? said:
I bought the chrome apllication for the windows but I am debating color mathing them.
Anyone else have input on this?

TheDon300 's ride, looks sweet do it! :wink1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it does :banana:

But If I do that do I have to paint the rest of the trim around the windows? That will be a few hundred more....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LB44 said:
Wheels look sharp! Sorry about the problems. I had to put 7mm spacers on my car in the front because of the bigger brakes. Doesn't look bad.
I wonder what the minimum spacer I can do is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
HEMI4ME? said:
I wonder what the minimum spacer I can do is?
Hemmissey mentioned 1/4'' would probably do the trick. I would start there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
^^B1RDMAN^^ said:
255/30/22............... :banana:
I'm with B1, which to the 255/30/22. The ride is good and will resolve the problem.

I run the Nitto 255/30/22 and love them. I had JonW and kidcoatal in my car on Sunday. Kid even mentioned how good the ride was, he was really surprised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Fatchance,
He mentioned that he wasn't going to lower the car, do you think the sidewall would be too short and he would have a huge gap? Love your car!
LB44
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fatchance said:
I'm with B1, which to the 255/30/22. The ride is good and will resolve the problem.

I run the Nitto 255/30/22 and love them. I had JonW and kidcoatal in my car on Sunday. Kid even mentioned how good the ride was, he was really surprised.
I like a little more rubber... I see people with this 2653522 all over. Why is my car different? I have never heard this on any posts... :eek:uch:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
51 Posts
fatchance said:
I'm with B1, which to the 255/30/22. The ride is good and will resolve the problem.

I run the Nitto 255/30/22 and love them. I had JonW and kidcoatal in my car on Sunday. Kid even mentioned how good the ride was, he was really surprised.

i run the nitto also and i think it looks better than the 35.... but then again its lowered..... might look a little funky if its not lowered. ride quality is great also
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Its the offset that why yours are differant. See if they have them in a differnt offset.

Hemmissy did you get some of these rings my tire shop called around and couldnt find them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Hemi4me, just go grab some spacers and hubcentric rings and start from there. Now, is it the actual rim or tire that's hitting the control arm? As for the 255/30, love the profile and look, but you can actual damage your wheel easier.. (and i'll be damned if there were custom :wink1: )
Scarbs, here's a linky: http://www.justforwheels.com/index.jsp
you have to call them for the 2005-06 300's
I didn't have to use the rings, my wheels were custom built to spec..
Good luck Hemi4me! :sly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
what is the offset of the wheel? I have 265/35/22 front and 285/35/22 rear and I rubbed on the bolt at high speeds but not on the control arm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Hemmissey

They dont have the rings for 2005 listed on there site.
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Top