Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ouch

That is a painful hit. :eek: 5% over MSRP. I hope my order doesnt get messed up.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
XCITsNU said:
It's official: Any orders not placed by Febuary 4th with have a $2,100 GG tax added to the order.
So are you saying that if we ordered our car before Feb. 4th we will not have to pay any GG tax at all?????

I also need to know where you received this information from. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I have no plans for an SRT8 unless I pick 6 on Wed., this tax is not like a DC sponsored program or rebate, great news if true but what is the source of this info, makes no sense to be exempt if ordering before a certain date.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
So are you saying that if we ordered our car before Feb. 4th we will not have to pay any GG tax at all?????

I also need to know where you received this information from. Thanks.
My new car sales manager called me the other day with the same good news. :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is right from the top at DC in a memo to the Dealers.

gthomas:

In the system I have two orders with the same VON#. One is an 05' and the new order is an 06' with the 05' VON#. This was done automatically. My Delaer did not have to do anything. My 05' went from BX to BG. My 06' order is in BX status and will probably stay that way for a few more weeks. The dealership now has 4 or 5 06's ordered already.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Because the EPA Test Results, and the resultant Gas Tax Levied, was AFTER the beginning of orders entered into Chrysler's system. 2/5/05 was the cutoff, I believe...

Just a few lucky people, including myself, had dealers who placed orders OFFICIALLY before the deadline. This is according to my Dealer, and, he showed me the memorandum from Chrysler.

It Happens...

LJB

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer, my car is still in D status. They told me that my car will be an '05 as well as the other 5 srt 8's they were allocated in January. They are the largest Chrysler dealer in the midatlantic zone and therefore they stated they are getting 6 of the 16 '05 SRT 8's. He also stated that my car was still in "D" status. BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL IS THAT CHRYSLER IS PAYING FOR THE GG TAX BY DISCOUNTING THE CAR $2100. CHRYSLER IS ONLY DOING THIS ON THE 2005 SRT 8, NOT THE 2006. If this is all true I guess I will not be getting the updated brakes or the possibility of getting the Kicker stereo system. Maybe I will sell the '05 when I get it and order an '06 in March when they get more allocation. I do not care about being one of the first to have the car, but I am sure once I see it, i won't want to sell it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No tax for me

M3SMG02 said:
Because the EPA Test Results, and the resultant Gas Tax Levied, was AFTER the beginning of orders entered into Chrysler's system. 2/5/05 was the cutoff, I believe...

Just a few lucky people, including myself, had dealers who placed orders OFFICIALLY before the deadline. This is according to my Dealer, and, he showed me the memorandum from Chrysler.

It Happens...

LJB
My dealer told me the same thing. Luckily he reentered my 05 order (Jan 17th) on the 4th. He also said that only 30% of Chrysler dealers are certified to sell SRT's. That's interesting.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Interesting. In my agreement, I've already agreed to a 1700 GGT which made my price in the 45K range with all of the options, right on MSRP mark, plus the GGT. My car will be an 06, I wonder who's gonna eat the 400 bucks.....yea, I really wonder :rolleyes: I think I'm happier with an 06, but not having to pay that GGT would more than make up for the upgrades.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts