Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300C 3.5L 2007 wagon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm from Slovenia and i bought 300C Touring 3.5 RWD (2007) few months ago.

i'm thinking about buying new Wolf Design Vermont 20" wheels, but i'm not sure which ET should i choose. Wheels have two options, ET20 and ET25. I don't want to use any spacers and to avoid any backspace problems, i 'm thinking about ET20. I'm not sure if ET25 would have backspace problems. I'm just trying to avoid any unnecessary problems.

Wheel size: 8.5x20 ET20 or ET25, with 245x45 tires.

Since i don't have any experience regarding wheels, any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If your 300 is a rear-wheel drive, the factory specs for a 20" wheel option appear to be an 8Jx20 ET24 wheel and 245/45ZR20 99W tires. So going with a 25mm offset on an 8.5" wide wheel will bring the inside of the wheel about 7mm closer to the strut bushing, and the outside will stick out about 5mm more than stock.

With a 20mm offset, you'd wind up only 2mm closer to the strut bushing, but the outer edge of the rim will stick out about 10mm.

For what it's worth, the 20 x 9" wide SRT wheels for your year are a 25.5 offset.

More info here.

·
Registered
300C 3.5L 2007 wagon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info and link. I'm going with ET20.

I also want to buy TPMS sensors. Is frequency the only thing i need to check before i buy? In some local store they have more or less only 434Mhz (quick check).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for info and link. I'm going with ET20.

I also want to buy TPMS sensors. Is frequency the only thing i need to check before i buy? In some local store they have more or less only 434Mhz (quick check).
More to it than that. Check here.

·
Registered
300C 3.5L 2007 wagon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. :)

As you most likely noticed, i'm not very experienced with cars. So here is one stupid question. Do all US/EU 3.5L 300C need 6qts of oil?
I'm only asking, because when neighbor (mechanic) asked me how much oil do i need. He looked sort of surprised, when i told him. And just to double check, since i will change the oil.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
What is the stock offset on an 06 300 SRT8?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts