Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have been talking to admiral and it seems they don't insure oil catch cans but have no reason.

Has anyone here got a catch can who is insured with admiral? Any advice?

Admiral is my cheapest insurance by far, so if I cant manage to change there minds about the catch can will it do a huge amount of damage without a catch can? (I don't mind doing extra cleaning)

Thanks to anyone with some info!

Kind regards,
Hayden.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Why do you need to insure the catch can?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you need to insure the catch can?
Not necessarily insure the catch can as it's a cheap upgrade, but more of if i need to claim insurance and they see I've done a modification they wasn't aware of if i didn't tell them, the insurance would be invalid then

Or is a catch can one of those mods you don't have to tell insurance about?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I doubt a catch can would invalidate insurance, Its not a performance mod, and it won't enhance the cars disireability to a thief, but my Jeep has done 144k with no catch can and runs perfect with swirl and egr bypassed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I doubt a catch can would invalidate insurance, Its not a performance mod, and it won't enhance the cars disireability to a thief, but my Jeep has done 144k with no catch can and runs perfect with swirl and egr bypassed.
Hmm ill have to give them another call, im now thinking they could mean they wouldn't insure me if i had one (which would invalidate my insurance if they found out I did) or if they mean they wouldn't cover that part if i installed it but insurance in general would still be valid.

But good to hear, I guess its not a great problem without one since if it was they would be fitted standard in the factory, but if I can get away with it ill make sure it looks good under the hood! ;)

EDIT: It turns out they wouldn't insure me at all if I had a catch can installed, what a shame. I will have to install one in a year or 2 when changing insurance. But as a heads up, admiral doesn't like catch cans for some reason!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think it more likely they don't know or list a catch can so won't insure something they don't have on record, I don't think a catch can would be classed as a modification.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Why would you even list a catch can when filling out insurance forms, plus if you had to put a claim in they wouldn't even know what they are looking at under the bonnet they would not know what is standard and what's not...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think it more likely they don't know or list a catch can so won't insure something they don't have on record, I don't think a catch can would be classed as a modification.
Why would you even list a catch can when filling out insurance forms, plus if you had to put a claim in they wouldn't even know what they are looking at under the bonnet they would not know what is standard and what's not...
Okay so i think im gonna install one anyways and keep the oil out of my intake, I'd be stupid not to have one!

Thanks for the input everyone, I've made up my mind ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts