Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change the oil in my 2006 Chrysler 300 tonight and was wondering what type of oil i should use..... the car has 95,000 km on it... this will be my first oil change on the car since i bought it used with 92,000km on it... i do not know if there is sythetic in there or not right now.... do you recommend synthetic? any help would be greatly appreciated... also how much oil will it take to fill, as i am not exactly sure on how much to buy.... any help is appreciated

·
Registered
828 Posts
Per the owners manual...
6 quarts 5W-20 for the 2.7L
6 quarts 10W-30 for the 3.5L

Conventional, synthetic blend or full synthetic, your choice. Synthetic is the best quality, and the most expensive.

Nothing but Mobil 1 full synthetic and Mobil 1 oil filter for me!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I know the hemi requires synthetic and most use mobil 1...another popular choice is Royal Purple.

I'd go with what the owners manual recommends.

·
Registered
774 Posts
152,000 kms on nothing but synthetic Amsoil (0w20 for the winter, so it stays in year round). Running Amsoil 0w30 now and will keep it year round. The choice is yours as to whether you use synthetic or not (most around here do), but the key is to use the approved viscosity and respect the oil change intervals as per the owner's manual. And a good quality filter (NOT Fram)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have gone with Mobil 1 oil and filter---I have changed at 5,000 mile intervals. I understand I could hold out longer but I think I am pushing against the warranty envelope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts