Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew at what % the oil change indicator comes on. Is it 15%, 10%, 5%, 0%?

Also, does the indicator message stay the same or does it change (like for instance it first comes out as "oil change soon" then changes to "Oil Change now" and then "Oil Change Overdue")?

I was looking in the owner's manual but could not find this information. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
My 2012 just shows an idiot light. I think it's just mileage, but I don't remember how many miles before it comes on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I never waited that long to change oil. I stick with an “every 5k mile” service interval. Oil, filter, and multipoint inspections on the “fives”: 5k, 15, 25, 35, etc. All other services (plus oil) on the “tens”. Easy to remember and plan for. Keep a ledger or spreadsheet and plan ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard that with today's advancement in synthetic motor oils and filters, it can last longer than previously thought.

Other than oil changes, and air filter changes, the only other stuff on the owners manual are:

• Rear Axle Fluid change every 50k
  • Transmission fluid changes every 100k
  • Spark Plugs every 100k
  • Coolant change every 150k
I think some other maintenance I have generally seen are brake fluid changes and power steering fluid changes but didn't see those in the manual either.

·
Registered
419 Posts
MY 2012 with HEMI requires plugs every 46k miles. Don't know about odd interval.

I go 5,0000 on multi blend oil ichanges only because it's easy for me to keep track and my driving is in an increasingly urban environment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 2017 V6 and my manual says 100k for spark plugs.

Why a blended oil? Isn't full synthetic better?

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
My 2012 came with a full synthetic. After my first oil change at the dealer, it has been running on a blend until now (157K miles) when it's back on a full synthetic. In all those miles, I have been listening to my valvetrain on cold mornings. But I don't hear it in any weather using full synthetic oil. So, IMHO, full synthetic is better, though costlier.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The 2012 300c with 5.7 engine came with 46k mile plugs. Go figure. My dealer oil changes here in central FL are synthetic blend.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I heard that with today's advancement in synthetic motor oils and filters, it can last longer than previously thought.

Other than oil changes, and air filter changes, the only other stuff on the owners manual are:

• Rear Axle Fluid change every 50k
  • Transmission fluid changes every 100k
  • Spark Plugs every 100k
  • Coolant change every 150k
I think some other maintenance I have generally seen are brake fluid changes and power steering fluid changes but didn't see those in the manual either.
Like those, absolutely do the brake flush. This is what I plan on doing every:

10k, rotate tires
20k, various brake and suspension checks
20k, replace cabin a/c filter
30k, brake flush, clean, adjust
30k, engine air filter
30k, rear axle diff fluid
30k, wheel alignment and rebalance
100k, accessory belts, spark plugs, wires
100k, PCV valve
150k, flush cooling system, radiator hoses

My only question is the “fill for life” tranny flush. What is the consensus...every 60k? 100k?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew at what % the oil change indicator comes on. Is it 15%, 10%, 5%, 0%?

Also, does the indicator message stay the same or does it change (like for instance it first comes out as "oil change soon" then changes to "Oil Change now" and then "Oil Change Overdue")?

I was looking in the owner's manual but could not find this information. Thanks.
I have a 2015 300 V6. Just got it in April. 1st oil change came due and I was getting the "oil change due soon" messages. I waited awhile to change the oil, as the mileage didn't meet the ODO yet. When I got the "oil change required" message, I started to find out how to set the oil change indicator and it was at 0%. So I don't know what percent it comes on at. This is a first for me and had to figure out how set the percentage indicator. I will be watching it more at the next oil change now that I know it does this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts