Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Message just popped up on the screen saying "oil change due" at 8,700kms but I'm pretty sure the oil change is due at 12,500kms which is 8,700 MILES. is this another setting in the computer that has not accounted for kilometres instead of miles? While I'm at it, just another quick question. Has anyone just deleted the back mufflers on a 2013 SRT8? Does it drone when in ECO mode? I want some noise but not at the expense of comfort.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I thought the oil change warning was also 'adaptive' in that it takes into account factors other than just distance travelled. I'd be changing it. No way would I leave it for 12,000 kays ever, under any circumstances.... well maybe if I leased it or something like that.

As for the reso delete.... go for it. No drone issues under eco mode. It's perfect volume... ie, nice and noisy on the outside and a little bit nosier inside without it being obtrusive. Of course you have to factor in better sound proofing in the Gen 2 cars and some might say it's still not quite loud enough inside the car but I think if you make it any louder it'll be too loud outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbiBS6eiVcA

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply guys. That means I've had the car 6 months already!! That flew by. Getting the oil as we speak and just needed some one else to tell me to go for it on the mufflers. Got to let the neighbours know there's a 392 Hemi in the 'hood :)

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Just do something like this and you'll be all good.

Or even like this.... a bit dearer but you can then easily bolt the reso's back on....

Notice how Daryl doesn't wash his car properly under the lip. Guess he'll have to speak to his better half about that, her soaping up work is a little ordinary.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Just in case you didn't find this already:

To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), perform the following procedure:

1. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position (Do not start the engine.)
  2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times within 10 seconds.
  3. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I work as a manager for a large automotive retailer so I'll be getting the Motul Oil for very cheap as a "sample":) then just get the guys in the workshop to do the service. (The perks are pretty good in this line of work). The second option looks like a good idea in case She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't like the noise on a long trip. Probably get the guys at work to do that too:) My back is stuffed so under the lip on my car probably looks worse than Darryl's. Yes, I do do some things like washing the car myself. Hey Darryl, your welcome to use the stuffed back thing as an excuse too:) Thanks again for all the useful info guys.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
OP, you have the same vehicle I do... Bought mine brand new and I already racked up 32K miles in one year (mainly because of my long commute) and have changed the oil about five times already... My point is, my "oil change due" alert has consistently notified me anywhere between 6K to 6.5K mile intervals (~10K km, I'm guessing, for you)... Hasn't failed me yet! Matter of fact, I just got mine done this week and my previous service was done @ 24K and the light came on @ roughly 30K+...so you're right on track! The SRT has a different "clock" when it comes to servicing the oil--for obvious reasons... And the six month criteria does not apply to me, whereas, I'm pulling into the service bay almost every other month... So, bottom line, your car is operating w/in "normal parameters", my friend!!! Enjoy! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Hay thanks I will keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I thought the oil change warning was also 'adaptive' in that it takes into account factors other than just distance travelled. I'd be changing it. No way would I leave it for 12,000 kays ever, under any circumstances.... well maybe if I leased it or something like that.

As for the reso delete.... go for it. No drone issues under eco mode. It's perfect volume... ie, nice and noisy on the outside and a little bit nosier inside without it being obtrusive. Of course you have to factor in better sound proofing in the Gen 2 cars and some might say it's still not quite loud enough inside the car but I think if you make it any louder it'll be too loud outside.

SRT8 Resonator delete 2 - YouTube
I second the no drone as I did mine with the advise of Piggy and wow it sounds great plus a lot cheaper than the after market cat back systems that still don't sound like this does. A great V8 deep rumble when you stick your foot into it and quite driving around with just a hint that you have v8 under the bonnet. Best of all no drone at all.
Cheers
Geoff:arms::arms::arms::arms::arms:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts