Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was purhcased used recently and I got a conventional oil change done at 25K miles right after purchase.

My general rule of thumb for any cars I have owned is to do a conventional oil change at 5,000-ish miles religiously. I noticed my 300S has an oil life percentage gauge/monitor type screen. there is no old school manual oil change/tire rotation reminder you can set?

anyways, my car is now at 27,834 miles and closing in on 30K when I would get the oil changed/ties rotated. to my surprise the oil life screen says it's at 63% and not even halfway of running out of oil life?

this doesn't make much sense to me. this is my first chrysler. do conventional oil changes typically last longer in these cars?

seems if I followed the oil life monitor at face value I'd be on, "pace" to get roughly 10K miles out of a conventional oil change? any others have experience w/ oil life in these cars? open to all recommendations. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I thought all 300's have a recommendation of a full synthetic.

My 300 has never had less than a blend of conventional and synthetic. My 2012 doesn't have the gauge yours does, but the dealer seems to be recommending $5K miles for the blend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought all 300's have a recommendation of a full synthetic.

My 300 has never had less than a blend of conventional and synthetic. My 2012 doesn't have the gauge yours does, but the dealer seems to be recommending $5K miles for the blend.
Mechanic checked when I got my first oil change at 25K miles on the used car and he said it was regular conventional? Hope he was right for a 2016 300 S.

Just weird how I'm nearing 5K miles but the oil life gauge isn't at 50% yet. I don't understand why...

·
Registered
474 Posts
You will get a lot of varying opinions on oil and changing intervals. I have been doing it at 5k mi intervals for my ‘06, ‘13, and now ‘17 300s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Desert_Flyer
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing