Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the chrysler oil change service contract when i bought my 06 300C new. Now a dealer charges 54.95 for an oil change, The chrysler dealergave me a 25.00 credit for my oil change coupon, and charged me 30.00 additional. My contract, calls for the oil change to be paid for in full by the service contract coupon.
What gives? Times must be hard in the car
business? I purchased 7 years worth of oil changes for 350.00, seemed like
an excellent deal, but not if chrysler won't honor their own service contract?
Anybody else run into this situation? :pat:

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Is this something that was offered by your particular dealer? If so then THEY alone have to honor it;

If this is part of a Chrysler service contract (rather than something in-house at your dealership) then any dealer has to honor it. If your contract says oil changes are no charge, then I would force them to honor that. They get paid by Chrysler so they don't loose. I bet they are charging you the $30 and still submitting the claim to Chrysler and getting paid from them too, and if that's the case Chrysler should be glad to hear about it.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I bought the chrysler oil change service contract when i bought my 06 300C new. Now a dealer charges 54.95 for an oil change, The chrysler dealergave me a 25.00 credit for my oil change coupon, and charged me 30.00 additional. My contract, calls for the oil change to be paid for in full by the service contract coupon.
What gives? Times must be hard in the car
business? I purchased 7 years worth of oil changes for 350.00, seemed like
an excellent deal, but not if chrysler won't honor their own service contract?
Anybody else run into this situation? :pat:
You paid for the contract, they cannot chnage the contract whenever they want.

Get a refund for your contract.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'd be interested to know how this shakes out too. I have the Chrysler 5/75
Scheduled Maintenance (SPX575M) plan for my '06 C. Back in Feb '06, I shopped around with a few Chrysler dealerships for that service plan, and a 7/100 Maximum Care (M7100M) with zero deductible.

The best price for the 5 year service plan, which includes 25 oil changes and other type of interval service was $925.

I just ordered a Nitro R/T and am again shopping for a Chrysler Max Care plan, and an oil change plan. The company we got the first plan from is out in Iowa. They gave me their prices, and the same oil change service plan is now $1100. This plan also offers a loaner car even for a routine oil change.

A different Chrysler dealership that also gave me a quote on the Max Care, had an oil change plan that was $210 for 15 oil changes. Even though he claimed the coupon was accepted at any Chrysler dealership I remain a bit skeptical. This sounds more like the type of plan you purchased.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not to rub it in my Chrysler dealer charges 29.95 + tax for my 5.7L oil plus filter change. So somethin is rotten in Demark????

·
Registered
761 Posts
I guess I got lucky

When I bought my new '06 SRT, the sign on it said "free lifetime oil changes".... boy did some marketer screw that up, Mobil 1 every 3 Months is like a huge loss to my dealer, but they continue to still change the oil for free. 3 years now in Oct.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes we did the oil change thing at our dealership for 3 years but it was only for stock oil....and was only good at the purchase dealership. You still paid for it in the purchase price of the car....All extended warranties were 50% commission for the salesman or finance manager that sold it. Most people get screwed but every now and then one would make out....I would strong discourage it unless you know a known problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts