Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a vehicle mechanic enthusiast that he would always change his oil every 5000 kilometres and doesn't neccesary agree with the auto oil indicator in todays modern vehicles. He insists that motors operate similarly as in they did in the past with the oil technology not being any better. He thinks it's all OIL HYPE. What your TAKE?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Base you decision on an oil analysis. Do a search on Blackstone Labs for example. My analyses so far indicate 7300 miles was within the protection of the specialty synthetic I use in our 300C. I'm about the change the oil again at 10k this time and will have another analysis.

I went 10k after taking out the OEM oil on the MSRT8 at about 800 miles. That analysis indicated I was okay, but that probably wasn't the best time to extend the change interval for a "new" engine. So this next time I'm changing at 5k, and will start extending beyond that the next change.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I change my oil every 5000 miles (8000 KM). Most of the oil service chains here in the US say to change every 3000 miles. Your interval of 5000 KM would be 3107 miles. Our US manual says for certain vehicle usage, 3000 miles it the recommended interval.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
analyze

you must perform oil analysis or you are just guessing.

If you use synth you are VERY safe using newer monitoring devices. My Silverado asks at around 11-12 thousand miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts