Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Ive never had any dealings with catch cans so i dont know if it can help me exactly.

mechanic has done alot of looking at my car during major service and found the the one of the rear intake manifold gaskets has a leak or from one of the MDS sensors underneath.

my question is, if i replace the gaskets would putting a catch can on also prevent future leaks coming from this area? or given that the gaskets are the problem would just the catch can restrict the oil going there and fix most the problem?

2008 5.7 300c

your info would be of much service to me :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Catch can won't make any difference, it is only catching oil in the PCV line between the PCV valve and inlet, this oil can't leak anywhere.

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
It will, however, keep oil out of your intake and out of your combustion chamber; which will prolong plug life, reduce combustion chamber deposits and reduce pre-detonation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so is it a wise and effective mod to put on the car for longevity?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ok, so is it a wise and effective mod to put on the car for longevity?
I have had one on my last 5.7 and now the 6.4 when you empty them you will see how much oil that you have caught in the bowl that would have normally gone back into the engine and throttle body etc. So for about between $100.00 and $200.00 I swear by them. Just make sure you don't get one that has a filter that vents into the atmosphere as they are illegal here in Australia.
I will take a photos and post it later.
Cheers
Geoff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts