Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my oil changed twice at the dealership and both times when I checked the level it was about 1/4" above full. Told them about this before they did the second oil change, but still showed overfull. In the service manual, it says to run engine for 10 mins, shut off wait 5 mins to check. When I do this stick shows right at full. But if you wait the engine keeps draining and by 15 to 20 mins its 1/4 over full. I told dealer about this and there tech said thats what happens on the hemi and thats why the service manual says to check after 5 mins. Does anyone else read over full after 20 mins or cold?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
desert 300C said:
I've had my oil changed twice at the dealership and both times when I checked the level it was about 1/4" above full. Told them about this before they did the second oil change, but still showed overfull. In the service manual, it says to run engine for 10 mins, shut off wait 5 mins to check. When I do this stick shows right at full. But if you wait the engine keeps draining and by 15 to 20 mins its 1/4 over full. I told dealer about this and there tech said thats what happens on the hemi and thats why the service manual says to check after 5 mins. Does anyone else read over full after 20 mins or cold?
When I got my car back from the dealer the oil was also above the line by about 1/4". But I thought the owners manual said we could check it in the morning after sitting overnight, which is what I usually do. So I have been assuming they overfilled the oil.

Maybe it is unrelated, but prior to getting my oil changed I would 24-25 mpg when cruising on the freeway at around 70-80mph.
Right after getting my oil changed, I can't get better than 21.5-22.0 mpg on the freeway.
I keep wondering if the higher oil level somehow effected MDS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts