Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I just finished a basic tune-up for a relative's 2006 300C HEMI. She's the original owner and she told me that the plugs had never been changed. It has 65k miles and I figured it was time to change them plus do a few other things. Yes, the oil was changed regularly and intake air filter.

Anyway, on cyl #2 both plugs had oil on them just upstream of the threads. I don't think any oil was leaking into the cylinder. Is this a sign of a deteriorating valve cover gasket or gasket to the spark plug tubes, which I can replace, or is it something more serious?

The plugs are laid out in order of how they were removed. The front of the engine is to the left.

Hand Musical instrument Plant Nail Font

Cylinder #2:

Gas Fashion accessory Liquid Auto part Metal

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi, everyone. I just finished a basic tune-up for a relative's 2006 300C HEMI. She's the original owner and she told me that the plugs had never been changed. It has 65k miles and I figured it was time to change them plus do a few other things. Yes, the oil was changed regularly and intake air filter.

Anyway, on cyl #2 both plugs had oil on them just upstream of the threads. I don't think any oil was leaking into the cylinder. Is this a sign of a deteriorating valve cover gasket or gasket to the spark plug tubes, which I can replace, or is it something more serious?

The plugs are laid out in order of how they were removed. The front of the engine is to the left.

View attachment 176881

Cylinder #2:

View attachment 176882
Yes, valve cover gaskets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a big relief that it isn't something that's going to cost a lot to fix. Thanks for your help. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts