Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried researching this but didn't find anything definitive.

My oil pressure is constantly at 99psi and never moves.

From my past experiences I am used to seeing it rise and fall with rpm's and temperature.

If oil pressure is supposed to be at 99 psi wouldn't it be from 50-150 psi instead of 1-100?

Please help, I'm kinda freaking out ... :twak:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured as much, thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick question, wouldn't an error code pop up or something? I'm not getting any lights coming on or codes on my scanner (snap on $3k scanner)?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the exact same thing. Oil reading 99psi all the time. And Inhave the faulty oil sensor code p09520 or whatever it is.
Any input? Im guessing im just gonna switch out the sensor...

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Yes, it is almost certainly the sensor if the wiring is all intact...

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

I'm having the same problem. but i replace the oil pressure sensor like 2 months ago replaced it with a Mopar OEM switch from the dealer was about 53$ code came back. soi disconnect the plug and on the dash, it was still 99 psi????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work on various types of pressure sensors for work and have 300c that currently has the same issue. If the sensor didn't fix then most likely the signal wire is shorted to power giving full voltage and amperage back to the ecm. The sensor could actually be tested with a multi meter like a fluke 787 process meter and some jumper wires, if done while installed. You could actually use that same meter to simulate a signal back to the ecm if it references the pressure in mili-amps or ohm through the harness to make sure it isn't shorted to ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: Unplugged the sensor and dash reading still shows 99 psi. Metered the two wires. 4.99 volts on one and no voltage on the other to chassis ground, so they do not appear to be shorted. 5k ohms between the two wires and 58 ohms on signal wire to chassis ground. With battery unhooked, open to chassis ground on the power wire. A spec or cut sheet on the sensor they use would enable me to be able to determine the type of sensor it is but without that I really can't troubleshoot any further as in being able to simulate the signal through the harness to determine if the ECM or the harness is the issue. I would have to build a pig tail with a plug in order to test the sensor while it is installed. Most sensors either show fault or register nothing when they loose all power as it should when you unplug the sensor but not knowing what kind of sensor it is or how the ECM is configured, not sure if that is necessarily true in this case as I do not have another Dodge or Chrylser product to compare it to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The code is P0520 for the oil pressure switch on my 2005 300c. Psi went from 99 to normal once it was replaced. I had a mechanic do it for me cause it's a difficult sensor to replace. I drove the car with the code for a while, so not sure if the oil pressure is fine and the sensor reading is off? Now dealing with a P0016 code and it is kind of a nightmare code. Keeping fingers crossed on the crankshaft position sensor. My car doesn't have a Variable Valve Timing valve, so it's either crankshaft sensor, MDS solenoid, timing chain. Will know Tuesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.