Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2200 miles on my C, and just changed to Mobil 0W-20. I went out and ran it hard to get it good and hot (the oil). At idle at about 650 RPM's, it has 17 psi oil pressure. At 750 it's 20, 1000 RPM's it's 30, 1500 it's 45, and at 2000 it's 50. It max's out at about 55. I didn't check it out before the oil change, so what are you Guy's getting with what type of oil?

When the engine is cold are under normal conditions the oil pressure is about 25 at idle and gets in the 50's at 1000.

Seems to get about 2 MPG better than before on reasonable driving around town. No proof, but.........

Checked out the oil filters and went with the Mobil 1. 98 % filtering at 20-40 microns (as with the best Purolator), but cost Mobil cost twice as much. The [email protected] only filters 90 %, and does not have a one direction flow, like even your cheapest filters. If need a filter that is just heavy metal, this one's for you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm seeing similar numbers with Amsoil XL-7500 5W-20 as I was just looking at that after a long drive after I upgraded to synthetic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dixie...thanks for the numbers. I am using the same synthetic (getting my 2nd load with my 6000 mile service today).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Silly Question

Some of you have posted actual oil pressure values. My C does not even have an oil pressure gauge. Did you put one in aftermarket

swarick

·
Registered
128 Posts
swarick: it's in the hidden EVIC menu.

To anticpate your next question, to get to the hidden EVIC menu, hold down Compass and Note for ~7-10 seconds. use up/down when you're in there to find the page w/ oil pressure.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts