Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got my 300C a week ago, and I noticed that the oil pressure seems to fluctuate a great deal; from 18 PSI (at idle) to 56 PSI (under acceleration). Is this normal? Should I call my dealer?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pretty normal.
First oil pressure gauge?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My first digital one. My previous vehicles had analog oil pressure gauges which really seemed pretty slow to respond. They'd fluctuate, but not directly and rapidly in response to the throttle; then again, they weren't exactly performance-oriented vehicles.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what your car averages for pressure?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I agree normal, my old 300E would drop very low at idle, was still running strong when I sold it at 155K. Where are you guys finding the oil pressure guage, I don't seem to have one. I did the EVIC scroll and did not see it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was in the compass-note EVIC. My software is 7/27; I think some of the earlier versions don't have it or the "Large MPH" indicator.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep... Trying to figure out a way to ask my dealer to re-flash to the newer version.... So they won't charge me.

·
Registered
731 Posts
How many different versions of the software are there? I have 2/25. There is 6/11, and now 7/27.

I would assume that if they keep updating it, they must be addressing some issues. Has anyone gotten theirs updated without being charged?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Seems like since this car is so computer operated that upgrades to software should be free and DC should provide this service to ensure all cars within a certain model perameter. Wouldnt that cut down on repair / service problems accross the board and show the public that this is a company hell bent on making thier prodict supreme. Microsoft provides service packs / upgrades top thier products this to me is no different, except that a technician has to perform the upgrade and we cant just download it. Im wondering how long the upgrade takes etc. couldnt they do this during an extended oil change?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Mine is 2/25/04 V 3.54 whatever that means, car was built 6/1/04. I do not have oil pressure or large MPH in the cluster. Why would there be a charge for a software update

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have had previous Chrysler cars updated in the software; it is a warranty thing and there was no charge. I suspect this will be the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts