Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 06 300 signature series since april. It was a clean title leased at 7k miles a year for nine years prior and came with 62.5k on it. I've put another 10k on it and yesterday my oil pressure light came on and started beeping. I took it to autozone they coded p0700 and 0730 but Chrysler dealer said codes were probably fine nothing is pointing to tranny at all. Now the light stays off except on incline or when I brake for the most part, even after I took to jiffy lube to have oil topped off. I'm getting ready to relocate probably and don't need car troubles.

Any suggestions or any have similar issues?

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
My first thought was to make sure oil level was correct. Also, mandatory that correct oil weight is used. After that, heck wire connections for anything that is loose and disconnects when a forward force takes place. Have fun getting to the sending unit ;-)

I'm sure you'll get some more in depth suggestions, but my 300 time is limited, but growing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not sure exactly where the sending unit is I'd have to look. My tire pressure light came on a few weeks back and didn't go off when I had it serviced and air put in the tires so I'm thinking loose wiring could be a possibility but don't know where to look.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
You don't want to know where the pressure sending unit is! But since you asked, there's a cavity formed between the alternator and its mount. From under the car you can get your finger tips on the plug, but not enough to remove it and you can't see it. Have to unbolt the three bolts that hold alternator on, move it side, then you can get to it.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,164 Posts
Hi butaneblue,

I looked up the codes you mentioned and found the following. Let me know if you have any questions!

P0700-TRANSMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM (MIL REQUEST)
When Monitored: With the ignition on.
Set Condition: The PCM receives a CAN Bus message indicating that a DTC is present in the TCM.
Possible Causes:INTERMITTENT DTC
TRANSMISSION DTC(S) PRESENT
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

P0730-INCORRECT GEAR RATIO
When Monitored: Engine rpm greater than 450 rpm, no N2 - N3 input speed sensor errors present, no gear selector lever errors present, no ABS system errors, and vehicle speed above 10 Km/h (6 mph).

Set Condition: No shifting operation and actual gear differs from the target gear. No shifting operation - actual (calculated) gear differs from the target (expected) gear, no plausible gear is calculated, actual (calculated) turbine speed is greater than 300 rpm or calculated transmission ratio is above threshold. During an Upshift - actual (calculated) gear is less than target (expected) gear. During Downshift - actual (calculated) gear is greater than target (expected) gear.

Possible Causes:
LOW FLUID LEVEL
ABS DTCS PRESENT
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID, SPEED SENSOR AND/OR OTHER ELECTRICAL RELATED DTCS PRESENT
INTERMITTENT STICKING VALVE IN THE VALVE BODY
INTERNAL TRANSMISSION PROBLEM
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts