Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 AWD 300C i just changed the transmission with AMSO signature series oil. What should I put in the rear diff and the front transfer case. How much should i put in both?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
Front and rear differentials - 75W-140 synthetic: FRONT AXLE 600ml / 0.63 quarts

REAR AXLE 1.5 - 1.7 quarts. Fill and check.

Transfer case - MOPAR Transfer case lubricant LX (I'd google this to find the commercially available equivalent): 0.6L / 1.3 pints

·
Registered
298 Posts
I dont have AWD so dont know about transfer case oil. I just changed my rear diff oil with Mobile 1 75w140 synthetic Limited slip. It was about 20$ for each quart so 40$ in oil and i highly recommend getting a differential pump. Makes the job so much easier to pump oil in.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya im gonna order a pump for sure. I was thinking going Mopar oil but not sure if theres something better or just stick with what the manufacture put in it to begin with.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Putting in oem oil would not hurt it at all. I am kind of a mobile 1 whore so im kind of biased. I have been using it for many years with great results.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put Royal Purple in.. I would have put Royal in the transfer case but i couldn't find the damn fill plug and i couldn't find anything on line helpful enough to figure out where it is. To me it was not obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts