Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you star your car in the morning, what should the oil temp be befor you pullout of your drive way???…… and entering the highway?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
hot oil

If you still have your Mobil One aboard in 0W-40 spec then all you need to do is drive and enjoy. No benefit to sitting still as this only warms engine and trans.

I personally do not give my car much throttle until everything is nice and warm, I like to see at least 150 on oil temp. But I am an old hot rodder more used to 502 chevy's and dyno oil!

Since you don't need a lot of rpm to get going fast just keep the revs down and you won't be stressing your cold motor. This car loafs to 80 quicker than you know. My friend was trying to catch up to me in traffic in his Ram and I wasn't even aware he was trying!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't know what the minimum temp is supposed to be, and never monitored the EVIC temp until recently. But I find my usual wait/warm-up time allows my car to warm up to around 85 degrees. I usually wait about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
507 Posts
moparfo said:
When you star your car in the morning, what should the oil temp be befor you pullout of your drive way???…… and entering the highway?
I just go, but I do not rev over 3000rpm until the water temp is at least 180. The highway is pretty close to my house so when I get on it the oil and water are both less than 100. The oil takes much longer to warm up than the water. When the water hits 200 my oil is still less than 150. The oil keeps getting hotter up to 230.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joey said:
I don't know what the minimum temp is supposed to be, and never monitored the EVIC temp until recently. But I find my usual wait/warm-up time allows my car to warm up to around 85 degrees. I usually wait about 30 seconds.
im guessing that fahrenheit?... i live in canada

1 - 5 of 5 Posts