Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been browsing for like anhour and still can't find a definitive answer! On 300C is HID standard, an option, or just plainnot available...!?! help please!! :confused:

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's an option on the 300C - $640 I think and worth EVERY penny.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Shmirgin44 said:
I have been browsing for like anhour and still can't find a definitive answer! On 300C is HID standard, an option, or just plainnot available...!?! help please!! :confused:
Except in Canada where it is standard. OK,OK, I know you are in the States but as I am at my desk after midnight with nothing to do until 12.45. I thought I might be a s#&t disturber. Sorry. :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
ok so, i basically got the loaded C but without the HID's and am looking to upgrade them, anyone know of where I can buy the aftermarket HID's for the car.....Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
LAIDBACKC said:
ok so, i basically got the loaded C but without the HID's and am looking to upgrade them, anyone know of where I can buy the aftermarket HID's for the car.....Thanks!
See the HID faq in the tech forum.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
joe300c said:
Do you care to elaborate what makes it worth every penny? I never had an HID equipped car so I don't know.
It's better visibility.

It is a bargain. Each headlamp cost $1000 each, plus you get washer nozzle. Once you ride with HID you will not want to drive with halogens again. Always go with the new technology.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Joe, I have them on my x5 and C and they are incredible and I agree worth every penny, you must convince yourself, do a night test drive with and without and you will see for yourself. There is a thread on "stock headlights suck" (many other cars as well). No one complains about the HID visibility.

I just saw you have an SRT8 on order so you don't have a choice, you'll see when it comes in August :eek: :D , still good to compare with and without though.

·
Registered
887 Posts
By worth every penny, I mean just that. I have 2 other vehicles w/o - and I can't stand the yellow beams. I've tried the silver stars, they help a little..but there is no comparison to the HID lights. Just something you need to see for yourself at night. At $695 - they are a great option and fantastic value.

They should be standard.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I test drove a 300c a night with HID's and I drove one without, They are SO much better. If you're like me and you're driving at night and you see a car coming with HID's you always can tell and you always know it has to be something a little bit nicer than most cars because usually only higher end cars have them Stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts