Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed some good natured ribbing between the "young pups" & "old farts" on the forum

just to put things in perspective, and before anyone write off the O.F.s:

'old fart' Steve Fossett (60 yrs old) earlier today became the 1st person to ever do a solo nonstop non-refuelling flight around the world (scary difficult stuff)

for bonus points, he also did the 1st solo balloon circumnavigation (despite a fire on board), and (with a crew) also set the sailing circumnavigation speed record.

superhero stuff.

ps: i fall somewhere in between, but sincerely hope to drive safely enough (but maybe not quite around the world) to become an O.F. myself some day)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Old is a state of mind

As a certified "old fart" myself (57), I enjoy being around people of all ages. I run a club for another car and we have people at our conventions from age 16 through age 85!

We also put on track events at real road courses and drag strips and I will put my driving skills up against just about anyone not a true pro driver.

I have instructor status with the BMW/Audi clubs, and have driven on Atlanta Motor Speedway (when it was still an oval), Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta, Hallet (OK), Thunderhill (CA), Blackhawk Farms (IL) many times, Gingerman Raceway (MI) and in 1996 was part of a team in my personal car that beat about 30 other cars to win a trophy in 3rd place in the One Lap of America where we did 5000 miles in four days.

Old Farts can still rock and roll, just ask my 85 year old friend that still tracks his car every year! (former SCCA regional champion).

And how about Paul Newman. 80 years old and still hitting 180 plus at Daytona/Sebring etc? I only hope I can still DRIVE at that age.

Celebrate all ages, and have fun, age isn't any big deal unless you let it be.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
old ....

Young people need to respect older people even if they are in the fast lane on 696 going 34 mph....

thanks for listening , gotta get back to work....
tz

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's mind over matter

I'm 59 and my wife is 57 (don't let her know I said that). Last year we hiked to the bottom of the grand canyon, hiked almost to the other rim and of course hiked back out. We did 33 miles in three days as well as a change in elevation of 5,000 feet.
In the summer we climbed Mt. Washington in a day. 15 miles plus close to 5,000 foot climb.
In the fall we went to the Pocono's Raceway in Pa. and did 20 laps in indy cars at 165mph.
I still do 35 sit ups and 30 push ups, and work with weights almost every day. ;)
Life is short, play hard!

·
Registered
208 Posts
tommyz said:
old,
even if they are inteh fast lane on 696 going 34 mph....
I'll try to stay to the right. I'll be working the gas and my wife will work the wheel! ;)
Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm 54, walked 20 feet to my 300C and drove 28 miles to work, got out and walked 20 feet to my office all in one morning. :)

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I'm 52 and did a 1/4 mile today!

...walking the halls with a fussy grandbaby :rolleyes:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just Remember.........

Old Age Is Not For Wimps

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
3 Old Fart Jokes

Ravages of Time
Two very senior little ladies were discussing the ravages that time had wrought on their bodies. Said one "My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can’t bend my knee and I can’t hear anything but thank God I can still drive

:D

[font=Comic Sans MS, Arial]Birthday Present[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS, Arial]Some friends of an old gentleman decided to get him something special for his birthday. They bought him a hooker. She went to his house and knocked on the door. Upon opening it she said "Hi I am your birthday present." He responded, "What am I supposed to do with you?" "I am yours for super sex", she answers. He replies: "Well I am 90 years old so I will take the soup."[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS, Arial]What's in Your Ear[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS, Arial]There were two old fellows who were chatting. Suddenly one of them asked, "What in the world is that sticking out of your right ear?" The other, with a puzzled look, said, "I don't know", and reached up pulling out the object, then exclaimed, "My word, a suppository!" Then he slapped his forehead and excitedly declared, "Now I know what I did with my hearing aid." [/font]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'll see your Steve Fossett and raise you a Paul Newman

Paul Newman, 80, still needs racing rush - Actor needs ‘to push the envelope’ when it comes to cars

Brian Cleary / AP
Actor Paul Newman may be 80, but he still loves to race cars.

The Associated Press
Updated: 10:15 p.m. ET Feb. 12, 2005

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - At an age when many senior citizens hesitate to get behind the wheel, Paul Newman climbs into a race car every chance he gets.

The 80-year-old Oscar winner is proud that he’s still so active. He even wanted to get No. 80 for the Ford Crawford Daytona Prototype he’ll co-drive this weekend in the Rolex 24 endurance race at Daytona International Speedway.

No luck.

“The guy who owned the number didn’t want to part with it,” Newman said. “So, we just put ‘79 Plus 1’ on our car.”

He's THE MAN ;)

Zilla

1 - 10 of 10 Posts