Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what is the normal temp for 300C? reason is the needle on my temp guage is just a hair line below half.... is this normal? ive never owned a car that temp comes up that high.... someone enlighten me with this please!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That sounds "normal" for the stock thermostat. The engine coolant will run between 203 F and 212 F routinely... if you're pulling a long uphill, or running hard in autocross, etc., it can go higher.... and the oil temperature even higher.

A lot of us purchased and installed a lower temp thermostat (180 F) for improved power and less risk in hard running situations.

There are lots of threads on the power loss associated with high engine temps. Meister is one of the gurus on the subject.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 06 300 limited and when the engine is warm, the dial is right below the half way mark on the gauge. So....this is normal.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i was just wondering what is the normal temp for 300C? reason is the needle on my temp guage is just a hair line below half.... is this normal? ive never owned a car that temp comes up that high.... someone enlighten me with this please!

One more telling you it is a normal reading with the stock t-stat.
Also, you are in an extreme climate, might look into what Tim is talking about.

Enjoy your ride, they are fun.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all for the info... and yes i would look into upgrading t-stat cause in a few months we would be at 100s...hahaha FUN!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
thanks to all for the info... and yes i would look into upgrading t-stat cause in a few months we would be at 100s...hahaha FUN!
completely normal; and unless you are going to race the car there's no need to change anything even for your summer. The fans will keep it right there at about 1/2 on the gauge no matter what the outside tempurature. Obviously there will be a little fluctuation but nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
195 Posts
See the old posts about how to get the special evic displays .You get exact eng temp ,volts, 0-60 timer and much more fun stuff to check out.My car runs at 197-199 winter, 199-201 summer highway speeds ( wind thru radiator).This is the stock thermostat ,Starts to open at 195, fully open at 203.Some manufacturers call this a 195 thermostat , Chrysler calls it a 203,Just depends on how you look at it .195 point at which it starts to open or 203 point at which it is fully open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts