Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... Here is the time again.... after being with my current employer Telstra, my contract is soon to finish with them.... and they have offered me a new contract with better pay and bla bla bla..... how ever i have come to the decision that i will be changing my occupation at this stage of life..... as it is getting on my nerves every so often, but now what may it be?!?! After looking on seek.com it looks rather hard to what i should get into and start doing.....
so as my father said ask around and find out what suits you the best..... so i thought ill share with my friends on the forum.....haha

So my experience's are Sales, Customer Service, Management and of-course a driver as well------ and have studied Human Resources and Design as well....

My ex employers are: The Persian co. Now known as Rugs The Ruzle, Jetstar Airways, Telstra.... and the lil jobs i did when at school and of-course lets not forget my Dad BA Floor Sanding & Polishing

so now im looking to see what step i should take as my next rule and hopefully this is the one im going to stick to for the next 30yrs haha....

Well guys lets see if any one got any suggestions or knows any place with a good job on the offer.....

·
Registered
981 Posts
I believe that there is a long term vacancy for a level crossing supervisor at St Auburns. I will see what influence I have with a friend of mine :scared: .

·
Registered
570 Posts
Amir,
If you know marketing you dad has a successful business, then why not work together and make it bigger.

Generally small family businesses (I'm presuming this, so no offence) have trouble growing as the main individual spends all the time doing the work and not running the business. This maybe a golden opportunity for the both of you.

That's my advice or.................. as you have the car you could invest in drugs :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi Amir,

Remember where we first met (doesn't sound gaayy does it?).....at the DYI car wash....given the water restrictions, this must be a good one to get into? Not sure of the investment required....

Like you, I have similar thoughts every single day.

Cheers,

Stephen

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that there is a long term vacancy for a level crossing supervisor at St Auburns. I will see what influence I have with a friend of mine :scared: .
i hope you dont mean the lollipop lady/man with the stop signs haha.... i dont feel comfy with the uniform and the hat getting in my car haha.....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amir,
If you know marketing you dad has a successful business, then why not work together and make it bigger.

Generally small family businesses (I'm presuming this, so no offence) have trouble growing as the main individual spends all the time doing the work and not running the business. This maybe a golden opportunity for the both of you.

That's my advice or.................. as you have the car you could invest in drugs :)
i do help him at this stage of-course i do most of his quotations for the clients and office work and of-course labour as well. but he is thinking to pull out of it soon and i believe there is just too much hard work in there and not sure if it is something i would like for long term how ever if we do decide to extend the business of-course i would be a partner....

As for the drugs im still waiting for some one to start offering me jobs like that.... i believe it is easy work and good pay haha.... :fing02: :twak: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Amir,

Remember where we first met (doesn't sound gaayy does it?).....at the DYI car wash....given the water restrictions, this must be a good one to get into? Not sure of the investment required....

Like you, I have similar thoughts every single day.

Cheers,

Stephen
hmmm yes i do remember where we first met and it is a common thing i hear these days..... but from the ladies that is haha......

i have put a lot of thought into it and there is a great possibility i might start something like that around the CBD but not as yet tho.... i am waiting for two of my friends who are just opening one in Burwood and one in Geelong to see how they go and what the feedback is... how ever i think there is a long waiting period while you get every thing together and start the business.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Kelvin, I have heard of deaths at that crossing.

I will pm my mother inlaws details.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know this sound so cliche but do something you enjoy or get into an industry you enjoy. Don't worry about salary (for now) - as long as you can get all your bills paid. If you are passionate about what you do, the money will follow - trust me. You can create a great income in ANY field if you are good at it, work hard and think outside the square.

Anthony Robbins - eat your heart out! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts