Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being one that has supported you guys here I just wanted to post this. Today at the Super Heavyweight Shootout in Georgia one of our guys hit 11.08 at 126mph. This was after an 11.10 run. This makes him the fastest Marauder so far. The previous best was 11.21. Here is the thread:http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22378
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
OUTSTANDING !!!
^5..
high 5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
4DRHTRD said:
Looks like you have some work to do to catch the Impala SS :)
Go get 'im, bigslim - he's only .2 quicker. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,252 Posts
wow... great times. I can hardly believe that Impala is that quick. I am impressed that Slim and his boys can keep that 5.4 ford from disintegrating under boost. LOTS of boost!

Slim, how's engine life under one of those superchargers? Anybody got any miles on one yet? Seen a lot of boosted cars but never seen one that didn't eventually blow.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
hoping for software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Great time

You still can't beat good ole American Muscle, whatever the make.

bigslim said:
Being one that has supported you guys here I just wanted to post this. Today at the Super Heavyweight Shootout in Georgia one of our guys hit 11.08 at 126mph. This was after an 11.10 run. This makes him the fastest Marauder so far. The previous best was 11.21. Here is the thread:http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22378
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a 4.6 DOHC engine. The ones that have blown are due to running higher boost levels and nitrous. The ones that have blown have been rebuilt with forged internals. The one that ran the 11.08 has a crate engine and a huge Procharger. We have a guy that has over 60,000 miles on his with a blower and stock boost. He runs 4.56 gears and a stall for his 12.0 runs.

stevesrt8 said:
wow... great times. I can hardly believe that Impala is that quick. I am impressed that Slim and his boys can keep that 5.4 ford from disintegrating under boost. LOTS of boost!

Slim, how's engine life under one of those superchargers? Anybody got any miles on one yet? Seen a lot of boosted cars but never seen one that didn't eventually blow.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
hoping for software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, the Marauder that ran the 11.08 still has all of the luxury features on it. It is not a gutted out car. Hell, his heated seats still work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotta love seeing bigazz four doors running like that. I would love to get the Marauders, Impallas and SRT-8's out next year here for a shootout.
chasb said:
You still can't beat good ole American Muscle, whatever the make.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
I'd go for that BUT ONLY IF...

you let the little brothers come out and play too :silly: (Like my 5.7 300C)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TriShield said:
That would be a good time. You can invite the CTS-V owners and see if they show up. :biggrin:
I would probably get the GTO's and Cadillacs there too. And yes all 300's would be welcomed. I will try to work on that this winter for sometime next spring here in the Detroit area. I will contact Milan Raceway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
bigslim said:
It is a 4.6 DOHC engine. The ones that have blown are due to running higher boost levels and nitrous. The ones that have blown have been rebuilt with forged internals. The one that ran the 11.08 has a crate engine and a huge Procharger. We have a guy that has over 60,000 miles on his with a blower and stock boost. He runs 4.56 gears and a stall for his 12.0 runs.
Nice run brother! I can't wait to see what the 5.4l engine in the new shelby GT-500 coming out will do! :biggrin:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top