Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing my plugs a few weeks ago, everything was fine and it pretty much still is but when I was putting the boots/coil packs (whatever they are called) back on I wasn't very pleased by how unsure it seemed on getting the boot attached to the plug, as if there wasn't enough room to push down on the boot for a click on to the plug. Does that make sense?

Maybe 2x the car on my way to work did a quick sputter for maybe 1 whole second then it went away. No CEL's or anything but I am now wondering if the during the install, one of the boots didn't get properly fitted on to the plug as there is no sure way to tell.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello...

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me!

Is there anyone at home?!?!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you notice the same lack of room between the boot connecting and the pack bottoming out on the valve cover? Like one pack I literally put in by hand then tried to slap it down beacuse it didnt seem connected. Maybe it's just me.... *shrug*

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
If you had had a real misfire the check engine light would have illuminated and you'd have one of the P300-series DTCs.

As with other things in life, did you use dielectric grease on the boots to ease insertion?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I figured I'd get a cell and yep I sure did. :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this is still going on but with another symptom.

I can hop in the car and start it up, and within the first mile I get a noticeable sputter or quick drop in power. Just yesterday I stopped by my home for a few minutes so when I got back in the car I fired it up and took off. And within 10 ft the car had about a 1/2 second drop in power and it was very noticeable, too.

One other thing I have noticed is that when turning right off my main road into my neighborhood, as soon as I swing right and push the gas to accelerate, there is a loss of power for a second, and it does this EVERY TIME. It's the only time I can for sure get it to replicate the symptom.

The car starts fine every time. Idles fine also. The only time I notice any of the symptoms is when I am driving.

No CEL's. Any ideas what I can check here ???

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are there any sensors that would cause this?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another thing I have noticed is that when coasting in a downshifted state, it doesn't roll as smooth as if the compression isn't correct, you can feel it hanging up some which I think slows the car at an increased rate.

I'll just keep talking to myself, here....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts