Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Can I burn a dual layer or single layer dvd with mp3s on it to transfer the music to the internal HDD?

If not, are there any limitations with the USB interface? For example instead of using a thumb drive, can I user a small portable hard drive (2.5" drive in portable case).

Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey,

Can I burn a dual layer or single layer dvd with mp3s on it to transfer the music to the internal HDD?

If not, are there any limitations with the USB interface? For example instead of using a thumb drive, can I user a small portable hard drive (2.5" drive in portable case).

Thanks!
DVD: The drive is DL-capabable. I moved 8GB of music myself the other day.

USB: Any device that is MSD compliant should work.

CMIUC :burnout:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I am glad that it seems the device isn't terribly limited.

Question. I don't have my car yet (couple days), if I were to connect my laptop to the USB connection, would I see the HD inside the radio as a device?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Question. I don't have my car yet (couple days), if I were to connect my laptop to the USB connection, would I see the HD inside the radio as a device?
No.

The nav system has a USB "host" (aka "master") port, not a USB "slave" port, just like the laptop. First, you should be able to buy a cable with "host" ends. Second, the reason you can't but that cable is because as the "host" the laptop or nav station controls the conversion to "slave" devices. You can't have two "hosts" on the same bus.

There are USB-to-USB interconnects which have a small chip with a small buffer that echos data between two hosts. This device emulates a USB serial port so the nav station probably won't talk to it. (I haven't tried it)

CMIUC :burnout:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts